300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for current police officers

I am really interested in Suburban PD's but I was told it would be much easier to work for CPD and after a couple of years, make a lateral transfer. I know I would probably take a paycut and that is fine.

My question is:

If I transfer, would my 9.9% pension contribution for the past few years be lost or transferred over?

I have been told that legislation was passed which allows for officers to carry over their pension money to another agency. I don't know if your vested and leave if you are allowed to carry that money over. As far as laterals go, they only thing I have come across is that an agency will wave the phycial and written tests. You may or may not take a pay cut, it all depends on the agency you are trying to get hired by. You get experience w/cpd, you get a reputaition attached to you reguardless of your character if test w/some suburban agencies.

Comment

Is that reputation a good one or a bad one? Just curious

Comment

Miss choice of words for me, I mean you get labeled from what has gone on w/cpd in the past w/all the bad stuff.

Comment

work for CPD the Real Po-lice
          Last edited by buffness; 03-25-2008, 01:17 PM. Reason: .......

Comment

Pension Portability Bill has not been passed. You may be able to transfer pension money that YOU contributed between SUBURBAN Pd's in Ill., but not between Chi-Suburb and Suburb-Chi. I have heard that you can transfer $$ from Cook Co. Sheriff Dept. to Chi., but have never talked to anyone that has, so don't know if you actually can.

Comment

Two suburban agencies told me I can be able to trans my pension money into their pension. Who knows if that is true or not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10769 users online. 381 members and 10388 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X