300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RDM1Y View Post
    I just took the poly back on Feb. 20 for Aurora. What is the next step in the process, and how long, if known, does it take?
    More than likely they are getting your group ready for the June 2 academy. They just hired for the April 7 academy. You usually start 2 weeks before the academy date because of the in-house training. As for the oral that livestrong6 stated, it is not an oral board, but your sit down session with the psychologist. If there was any confusion about that.

Comment

My suggestion is to go for an auxiliary position (e.g., Wheaton PD) or part time police (e.g., Rockford Park District Police). I got my start as part time police. I was recently called back for further testing with the first group of applicants - because I had that hard labor and certification under my belt. You're not going to have much luck in a department where there's 400 applicants and only 2 openings. I stopped wishing on that a long time ago. You can't compete with people who have either prior law enforcement and/or military. You know depts are going to take them first. Education doesn't hurt, but from my experience, you're going to have the best chance with suburban depts. if you have the military or are current/prior LE. So give Wheaton and Rockford Park Police a call.
      What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

The original "point and click" interface was a Smith and Wesson

Comment

My suggestion would be to stay away from Wheaton. My previous department was next door to Wheaton, I worked side by side with them. The auxiliary officers were basically cso's, all they ever handled when I heard them on the radio were barking dog complaints and parking complaints. Its not always true about departments taking prior LE/Military first. My group that got hired had 6 previous LE's and 10 people with no LE or Military experience. When Aurora tested back in Nov 06 there were over 400 people. They hired the first group June 07 since June 07 38 people have been hired. We have positions opening like crazy from people retiring or people getting transferred to other divisions to people who cant make it through fto. Just keep your head up and keep going like others have stated. If you want it bad enough in your heart you will get it.

Comment

cc11-
          Just because an applicant has prior le experience does not mean they are going to have the best chance on getting hired w/a department. There are a few things I have seen where an applicant w/le experience has over other applicants. First, the physical & written tests are wavied for them for certain departments. Second, if they make the list the chief can choose them regardless what number they are on the list. Third, some depts. will give extra points for being certified its the same as amount as applicants claiming military points. They still have to go through the other tests as well. The suburban depts can be picky on who they want to hire. The only luck an applicant needs is having a "connection" with p-f board and/or the department.

Comment

So being a Community Service Officer or Auxillary Police Officer would be an easier way to get picked?
            Roger Murtaugh: See how easy that was? Boom, still alive. Now we question him. You know why we question him? Because I got him in the leg. I didn't shoot him full of holes or try to jump off a building with him.
            Martin Riggs: Hey, that's no fair. The building guy lived.

Comment

A hundred people really isn't that bad. My first department had over 300 people trying out for a position. I have been too tests in which thousands have put in applications.

I have noticed lately though that the number of applicants for positions has diminished greatly. Atleast for the departments in the county that I work in.
              Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9025 users online. 281 members and 8744 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X