300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Juvenile Officer exam

What did you think of it? Difficult? What topics did it seem to hit hard on?

I'm taking the test in April.
    "Well I'd lock him up for what we know he did, and then throw in a few extra years for what he probably did." ~Hank Hill

"Why do you need to carry a gun? There aren't any bad people in this town..."

Originally posted by Ten-32 View Post
    What did you think of it? Difficult? What topics did it seem to hit hard on? I'm taking the test in April.
    If you are referring to the Basic Juvenile Officer test, it is not that hard. It is hard to sit through the 32 hours of (exceptionally boring) training prior to the test.
    “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the response. I'm doing the class via distance learning, and I only have to go to the school to take the exam.

If 32 hours in person is bad, think about how it is doing it all via reading only!
      "Well I'd lock him up for what we know he did, and then throw in a few extra years for what he probably did." ~Hank Hill

Comment

Can anyone elucidate what the test covers? I'm taking one in a few weeks for DuPage co, and forgot to ask the HR woman what would be covered. She said it would only take an hour for the test and a tour of the facility, so I don't think 32 hours of training will happen before the test.

Comment

I went through the process with DuPage County Juvenile last year. They sat me down at a computer and had me type out my responses essay style. Some questions were just general on what your perspective is on working with juveniles. Also, some questions are scenario based and they want you to respond on how you would handle the situation. Although I should warn you, when I applied they had a lot of problems with their budget.

Comment

I'm sorry - I've caused some confusion here. The test I'm taking isn't for a job. I'm just taking the standardized state exam to get my basic juvenile officer certification.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11664 users online. 417 members and 11247 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X