Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cook county did start using polygraphs, but they also have lower standards education wise. cpd requires 60 credited hours, which is not to easy for a lot of people to complete.
    “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

Markdh20 is right, I read it as well last week.

Comment

Markdh720,
        i appreciate your response i was just as curious to see where it came from. No i am not cpd i want to be though thats why i have that screen name, anyways i personally have a negative opinion towards the polygraph because it is junk science. From my personal experience i have failed 1, and passed 3, i think it is more of a interrogation tool rather than a lie detection machine. Maybe CPD might start to use it like the ISP does on selected candidates if there is lots of inconsistencies on the psych or something. Now from what i hear 1st of all the CPD psych causes alot of problems from the get go, now if they put this bs machine in there is going to be nothing but problems, good candidates getting weeded out, and the city is asking for trouble, because if they do challenge the results their is no burden of proof the city can provide in the courts and it would be a bad reason for disqualification. Also as everyone sees CPD needs more man power and the city is trying to or will spend the money on a bs machine which i think is ridiculous, they should focus their attention on the needs of the department, maybe they need a new superintendent since J-Fed is not doing that good of a job in my opinion for the officers, or the people. E.G. - Taste of Chicago, oh yea if you can scan it i would love to read it. Thanks
        Last edited by TactCPD; 09-03-2008, 05:03 AM. Reason: ..

Comment

Originally posted by Future Shield View Post
          cook county did start using polygraphs, but they also have lower standards education wise. cpd requires 60 credited hours, which is not to easy for a lot of people to complete.
          What does education requirments have to do with poly testing?
          Last edited by HapkidoKa; 09-03-2008, 03:58 PM.
          Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
          Me: you really want an answer to that
          Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

i Guess future is talking about standards in general that CPD already has a higher standard, and this requirement just weeds out the bad apples from the get go since alot of them dont have any college beyond high school

Comment

Originally posted by TactCPD View Post
              i Guess future is talking about standards in general that CPD already has a higher standard, and this requirement just weeds out the bad apples from the get go since alot of them dont have any college beyond high school
              I'm sure you're right.......

Comment

I personally see chicago going in the direction of a B.A in the future, over
                poly testing

Comment

HapkidoKa, where have u applied for positions of LE? i seen u around for a while?

Comment

Originally posted by Future Shield View Post
                    HapkidoKa, where have u applied for positions of LE? i seen u around for a while?
                    I'll PM you

Comment

it is indeed true the memo did say they are looking for 2 detectives with bachelor degrees to train on the polygraph to complement the background investigation. I don't know if this is official or what I don't get it how like 4 or 5 polygrAphers will test almost 1500-2000 people. Maybe they might start using it like the ISP which is on people with alot of inconsistencies

Comment

the testing process will take 5 years

Comment

i may apply for cpd before my 32 birthday. In a few years, but thats a maybe.
                          cpd is a hard job

Comment

i agree future it will just be more of a hassle throughout the hiring process, lets first see if this does go through.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11778 users online. 426 members and 11352 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X