300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph Testing

Is there any department other than Chicago that does not do a Polygraph test? Also are most polygraph tests set up with yes and no answers? Or do they get in depth on the questions?

Last edited by BearsSox; 04-29-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

As far as yes or no questions, those are the ONLY answers you can make during the test. Prior to the actual test, they will ask you questions and let you explain your answers. But as soon as your hooked up to the machine, its only yes or no. As far as other depts using the test for employment purposes...I know Chicago and Kankakee do not. I think as time passes, more and more depts. will not waste their money on a test that isn't even submittable in a court of law. I think they should cut the middle man out of the testing process (ie COPS testing..) and recruit and test with sworn officers on the dept.

Comment

Chicago does not, for what I believe, is because of the cost. Suburban Dept are normally looking for a few officers, so they maybe poly 50 candiates, while Chicago process 1000's at a time. Polys don't come cheap.

Comment

do you think in the future chicago will probably put the poly in their process or it isnt possible i know they cost alot.

Comment

The ISP only uses the poly when there's a major conflict or problem identified. It's really pretty rare.
            183 FBINA

Comment

I've found that Illinois and Wisconsin are two states that rarely use the polygraph. I've applied to Texas and Alaska and both require poly testing.

Comment

polygraphs have been proven not funcitional over, and over, and over. They work to remove bad apples, by scaring people.
                Last edited by Future Shield; 08-31-2008, 08:07 PM. Reason: edit
                “One person can make a difference and every person should try.” JFKsigpic

Comment

it's a joke, I know plenty of cops who lied their asses off and passed the poly

Comment

i know some guys that should have no business being cops and yet some how they were able to pass the poly.. hahahaha..

Comment

In Chicago's daily bulletin, there was an "ad" asking detectives (if i remember correctly) to submit To/Froms if they are interested in training on the polygraph which they stated would be used in background investigations. So I would say Chicago is thinking about using them.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
                        Chicago does not, for what I believe, is because of the cost. Suburban Dept are normally looking for a few officers, so they maybe poly 50 candiates, while Chicago process 1000's at a time. Polys don't come cheap.

It will never happen because cpd always hires in huge numbers. Daily would not allow that in his budget because it would cost the city millions.
                        Last edited by Future Shield; 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

I second what future shield says. Markadh720 can you post the link to where you seen that from i would like to read it. The city will face many problems as far as apppealing the background and they will have lawsuits waiting for them if it were to come in place. hiring 500 people a year on average would result in about 300 per examination which would cost them almost 1,500,000 just in the dumb test. I doubt Cpd will ever use this, they havent for years and i think they will continue to not use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Future Shield View Post
                            It will never happen because cpd always hires in huge numbers. Daily would not allow that in his budget because it would cost the city millions.
                            If Cook County found the money for Poly's then I wouldn't doubt it if Chicago eventually did to help protect the dept's public image and get rid of as many bad apples as possible from jump.
                            Inmate: Why y'all treat us like criminals
                            Me: you really want an answer to that
                            Inmate: Man thats crazy CO

Comment

tactcpd,
                              i cant post a link because i read it in the cpd daily bulletin in paper form. i assume you're CPD like your name suggests. the posting was in the bulletins within the last two weeks if you're interested in looking it up on the department computers or in paper form. if i see it when i work tonight, maybe I'll scan it when i get home.

by the way, i agree that the city will not use it as it is just another venue for lawsuits and appeals (which cost money) in the hiring process. i think that JW and the exempts are just looking at options and changes that could "improve" (but wont) the hiring process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6622 users online. 334 members and 6288 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X