300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art

Hey Art when did you take the test and how many credits did you have when you took it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sefe85 View Post
      Hey Art when did you take the test and how many credits did you have when you took it?
      I was a Feb 06 tester, and I only had 48 credits when I took the written. I figured I would apply and by the time I hear anything from them I would have had the 60. When I submit the college transcripts to CPD I had 72 credits. I later received a call from CPD telling me that I had been DQ'd because of my credits and that I had to reapply...

Comment

Hey, not to pi** in your Cheerios but I got bounced for using MJ three times...eleven years ago. No criminal record, quality work history, one speeding ticket twelve years ago, and an undergraduate degree apparently weren't enough positives to overshadow trying MJ 3x in high school. I guess that's what I get for being "too honest."

Comment

Palmer,

Where did you apply to that DQ'd you for it? Where are you working now?

Comment

CPD.
            I manage a small manufacturing company.

Comment

I admitted experimenting with drugs a handful of times when I was a teenager. I got hired without a problem. Stangely though, a few people in my class admitted the same thing and had to go through an appeal process which makes the process much longer.
              Be careful of peoples' immediate response of "if they can't prove it, lie." I've seen PO's on the street and people in the hiring process get caught up using that mentality. Just be careful when you use it because nowadays, you never know who's watching, when they're watching or what they are seeing. Food for thought, now and on the job.

Comment

My BI told me that it was "the law" and I couldn't be hired because of trying mj more than _ times ever or using within _ years. Maybe I didn't meet their recruiting goals and that was their way of weeding me out.

Comment

Originally posted by palmer06 View Post
                  My BI told me that it was "the law" and I couldn't be hired because of trying mj more than _ times ever or using within _ years. Maybe I didn't meet their recruiting goals and that was their way of weeding me out.
                  The only law that bars hiring is if you have a felony conviction. You might want to consult an attorney and see about subpeoning other BI investigations done at that agency. I'm sure you'll find people have been hired despite what this tool says.

People are afraid to challenge BI's on their statements, which are not always correct. They may be trying to remove you to hire someone else in your place.

Comment

Originally posted by DH21187 View Post
                    The only law that bars hiring is if you have a felony conviction...
                    Also let's not forget Domestic Battery Laws. Domestic Battery can be a misdemeanor in IL. In addition there are multitudes of laws here in IL that can get you de-certified if you are actively a police officer that are not felonies. You think those misdemeanor laws can't be used to exclude you from hiring?

A misdemeanor can bar one's hiring.
                    Last edited by SeVere; 04-01-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9838 users online. 371 members and 9467 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X