300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit History

Lets say that you showed excellent job stability in your background but your credit history sucks. How bad would that affect your chances of becoming a po?
    ~Delta

I had to show my BI that I paid the major things on my credit report, I never throw anything away so that wasn't a problem. Good Luck!!!

Comment

FYI-
      I'm in the middle?/beginning?/near the end? of a BI w/ ISP. They combed through everything on my credit report. I had quite a bit of bad debt from my college years that I paid off a few years ago. The BI's have been running around for the past week so (knock on wood) I assume everything is still on the better side of good.

I don't have any record, except some speeding tickets (most from before the age of 20), and a seat belt violation.

However, I have not kept all my records from past bills and tickets so that has probably caused the multiple home visits with no decision any time real soon. But their still working so I am positive.

RyBaK

Comment

Just out of curiosity since this topic was brought up, are there any Illinois Police Departments that do not do a credit check in order to be hired with the department as a police officer ? I know almost every department lists that a credit check is part of the process but I was curious to see if some dont. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lscislo View Post
          Just out of curiosity since this topic was brought up, are there any Illinois Police Departments that do not do a credit check in order to be hired with the department as a police officer ? I know almost every department lists that a credit check is part of the process but I was curious to see if some dont. Thanks
          Dolton
          "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

In most cases, it isn't that they will disqualify you for bad credit or a low credit score, agencies look at what you are doing about it. Are you paying it off, paying on time, handling collections. If you know you have issues and you are just letting it sit on your record, it is more likely you will get cut. If you have taken steps, on your own and before the hiring process starts, to do something about debt, collections, re-payment, etc., then it shows you are responsible.

Never wait to clean up problems when you are trying to get hired, take care of it on your own and before they tell you to.
            SPSC 262

Comment

One of the things they look for is how much in debt you are in. They may bring that up in your bi interview.

Comment

Do they look at the same thing these free credit reports sites let you view?

Comment

Everyone has debt, and when u get in the academy, you'll rack up 5K more...If you filed Bankruptcy, if you have had judgements filed against you, if you had a car repo and u never settled it, if you have debt still in collections or are being sued, then those are black eye's, but if you have high credit card debt, but your making the monthly payments, they are fine with that....there are exceptions to every rule, if you filed bankruptcy because u had to have emergency sugury done and u had no insurnace and the bill was 50K, then thats why the BK Law was made....if u filed BK because u racked up 30K in credit cards, bought plasma tv's, 2K in clothes and took out cash advances, and never had the means to repay, then that shows irresponsibilty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10095 users online. 370 members and 9725 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X