X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer wait?

Saw this today...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6640139.story

Saw the press conf. on tv which the fearless leader related that the cuts won't apply to the public safety agencies. The city has a history of hiring enough recruits to cover the retiring officers for that year. Its almost the same amount.

Comment

I hope not

Comment

THe press conference for the CPD also mentioned new management in different districts, that forced old commanders to retire or were given better positions.
        I hope the freeze does not apply to new recruits.

Comment

i heard from a cop friend of mine that the hold on the acadmy date was because jody fed wanted harder background checks, so does this mean looking more thoroughly through your background or intorducing the polygraph to the department. Someone i know commented on this also saying that the CPD has too many appliants compared to the suburbs to polygraph each one, and they primarily just go with the background. Any Thoughts on this??

Comment

Originally posted by TactCPD View Post
            i heard from a cop friend of mine that the hold on the acadmy date was because jody fed wanted harder background checks, so does this mean looking more thoroughly through your background or intorducing the polygraph to the department. Someone i know commented on this also saying that the CPD has too many appliants compared to the suburbs to polygraph each one, and they primarily just go with the background. Any Thoughts on this??
            I'm a June 06 tester and would have no problem with a poly. Whatever, just as long as my process gets moving

Comment

THe article says:
              "Cost-cutting measures will include a hiring freeze across all departments for positions not deemed critical"
              I am not sure if the police department is considered deemed critical

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7964 users online. 199 members and 7765 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X