300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Memorial Plates

Anyone know where to get that app. for the plates you put on for like 3 months??
    Crime fighter!

What plates are you referring to? If you're talking about the CPD Memorial ones, they were given out last Aug. thru Oct. by the CPDMF and are currently expired. I still some see some @$$%*!&$ with them on. Expired means expired. If you're talking about the ones through the S.O.S., you can order them on the website under specialty plates. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by FRNZX View Post
      I still some see some @$$%*!&$ with them on. Expired means expired.
      Not really, I got my exemption in my wallet...LOL

Comment

Never knew of such...Fair enough. Then why not make perm. plates without the Oct. 1 expiration?

Comment

You're confusing your plates...

The 3 month ones you're talking about are the IPA plates (Illinois Police Association) plates which are only supposed to be used on your vehicle for three months out of the year.

The actual time frame is set by the IPA - but most people that have them use them all year round and then switch to the new ones for the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
            You're confusing your plates...

The 3 month ones you're talking about are the IPA plates (Illinois Police Association) plates which are only supposed to be used on your vehicle for three months out of the year.

The actual time frame is set by the IPA - but most people that have them use them all year round and then switch to the new ones for the following year.
            OK...You know where to get that reg. form??
            Crime fighter!

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo1 View Post
              OK...You know where to get that reg. form??
              Here you go: http://www.ipacops.org/

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
                Got it thanks called them and they are sending me the form
                Crime fighter!

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo1 View Post
                  Got it thanks called them and they are sending me the form
                  Cool, no problem.

Comment

I found out last night that the IPA is trying to make the plates permanent. For that, they need at least 850 to apply for them, and I heard they have approx. 600 now. I was told that whatever # you get on the temp plate would also be the # if they go permanent.

The CPD Memorial plates are still the 3 month temp plates.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                      I found out last night that the IPA is trying to make the plates permanent. For that, they need at least 850 to apply for them, and I heard they have approx. 600 now. I was told that whatever # you get on the temp plate would also be the # if they go permanent.

The CPD Memorial plates are still the 3 month temp plates.
                      You are correct - I signed the permanent app and sent it in a few days ago. I am still yet to go renew my yearly membership and get the new temp plates. I just hope their design is not ugly, some years are definitely better than others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9311 users online. 523 members and 8788 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X