300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois and DC Police Memorials

Just wondering, who on the Ill. board may be going to either. If anyone is planning on a Meet/Greet/Drink?

Anybody? Yes, No, Kind of, sort of, maybe?

Comment

Do you have dates and times,Ive never been but am interested.
      Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

Illinois is 30 Apr/01 May and DC is 13,14, 15 May (But Police Week is 11-17 May)

Comment

30 apr 01 may,figures the two worst days of the week for me,sorry.
          Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

ChiTownDet,

I'm just over the border in WI and I'm going to DC. Shoot me a PM if you want to try and set something up

Comment

went last year(Illinois)....had a BALL. Met a lot of people from all over the state, saw some really nice police cars (potoon Beach, Il) heard all kinds of crazy stories...true ones too (Pontoon Beach, Il...) and had some moonshine cherrys for the 1st time....those things F'd me up too.

It was my first year in Law Enforcement so I was really glad I was able to show some respect for all of the officers that gave their lives doing what we do every day. I still remember the chills that ran through me when the bagpipes and drums...well, you know where this is going. I will make it a point to be present at every Illinois police memorial I can. Ive never been to the national memorial but I will make it there in this lifetime. ..I hope the weather will be better than last years and I hope to have a great time honoring those that have left us.
              I LOVE the smell of flashbangs in the morning.....dont you?

si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

ChiTown,

Will be attending both memorials. It is something that every cop should attend at least once in their careers. Hope to see/meet you there.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                  Illinois is 30 Apr/01 May and DC is 13,14, 15 May (But Police Week is 11-17 May)
                  I plan on attending the Illinois one this year. Won't be able to make DC unfortunately. Drop me a pm if you would like to meet.

Chicago PD sent down the Pipes and Drums when one of our deputies was murdered. The guys and gals were absolutely top notch. Nothing but respect for CPD the way they treated us.

Shortly after that myself and the Sheriff went up to Chicago to honor one of your murdered officers. We were treated as if we were Chicago cops ourselves. I can remember being brought into a room to relax before the ceremony. Nothing but brass as far as the eyes could see. I have to admit I was a bit intimidated being around all the high ranking officers but once again we were treated really well!
                  Last edited by pujolsfan146; 03-17-2008, 06:04 PM.
                  Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Meet and greets are always a good idea! count me in!
                    JG til the World Blow up

Comment

Dc

Hey all, I am here in MCB Quantico, VA for military. I will be at the memorial. I have some friends from CPD coming down also, will be sporting my CCDOC cap and shirt.

Comment

I am gonna try to go to the Illinois one...I went last year and had too much fun. Beard, we must have stayed at the same hotel. Pontoon Beach P.D. was in the rooms right below ours on the backside. Those cherries were the ****. We have five or six guys going not counting me. I really hope I can make it. The "new lodge" was a blast.

I met alot of really cool CPD cops. It was amazing to see all the different squad cars in the procession. It was one of the worst hangovers I have ever had.
                        Last edited by 10-41; 03-20-2008, 01:47 PM.
                        sigpic"To punish and enslave"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12959 users online. 489 members and 12470 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X