300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article on CPD recruits

Just and FYI article for those folks who are keeping track of what's going on with Chicago PD:

"Council hits delay in new cop training"

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...ruit07.article
    What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

The original "point and click" interface was a Smith and Wesson

Looks like it is the budget approval that is holding us back.

Nice that city officials told the Sun Times the academy date is May 19th. No one knows the next academy date. INTERESTING....Love how people find things out....Got to love the media--->Sarcastic remark!

Comment

So does anyone know when the next start date is? I called personnel and my BI and they both stated they knew nothing about the May 19, 2008 date. When were read it in the paper, it was also the first time they had heard of it. Has anyone BI told them anything different? I know everything is just speculated and rumored at this point, but amuse me with what you have been told. I don't want to get my hopes up high and that date still isn't correct. Personnel told me it could start sooner and it can start later, no one really knows at this point. I was also told that the new Superintendent is waiting for the last two classes that's in the academy to graduate before we start. The last class graduates the end of April. So many rumors I don't know what to believe. But everything I have posted I have personally been told either by someone in personnel or by my BI.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss J View Post
        So does anyone know when the next start date is? I called personnel and my BI and they both stated they knew nothing about the May 19, 2008 date. When were read it in the paper, it was also the first time they had heard of it. Has anyone BI told them anything different? I know everything is just speculated and rumored at this point, but amuse me with what you have been told. I don't want to get my hopes up high and that date still isn't correct. Personnel told me it could start sooner and it can start later, no one really knows at this point. I was also told that the new Superintendent is waiting for the last two classes that's in the academy to graduate before we start. The last class graduates the end of April. So many rumors I don't know what to believe. But everything I have posted I have personally been told either by someone in personnel or by my BI.
        Theres only one CPD class at the academy right now, the last one should be graduating in the next 3 weeks.

Comment

Has anyone from the NOV 06 test been called for a power test yet. As far as I know we were the last testers everyother test that year is already going through the process. ANY INFO PLEASE!!!

Comment

Sefe85,

One of my friends took the CPD exam in November 2006, she has not heard anything for CPD as of yet. She stated they mailed her a post card asking her to update her home address, email address and phone number. That was several weeks ago. Outside of that, she has not heard anything.
            Last edited by Miss J; 03-12-2008, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
              Theres only one CPD class at the academy right now, the last one should be graduating in the next 3 weeks.

The last class went into the academy on the Last Monday in October, which was 29 October 2008. I am 100% sure of this because my good friend is in that class. The academy is 26 weeks long, they are not scheduled to graduate until mid April. The next class to graduate is the class that went in the last week of September. When we took our final POWER test back on 29 January 2008 there was still 3 classes in the academy. One class graduate in February leaving two more classes in the academy

Comment

There is only 1 class in the Academy right now. (both A and B). So about 50 or so, but that's it. 110% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by buffness View Post
                  There is only 1 class in the Academy right now. (both A and B). So about 50 or so, but that's it. 110% sure.
                  I concur with Buffness, trust us, we know!!

Comment

I second that :~) I didn't realize 2 classes graduated in February. Sorry about that.

Comment

i heard this cop say that the reason for the wait is that cpd is requiring more harder background checks because jody fed wants it done. Maybe im guessing chicago would start requiring like the polygraph and again i was told that was not a possibility due to the number of applicants they would have to test compared with the burbs which is like 3 or 4

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9820 users online. 319 members and 9501 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X