Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Can't Fix Stupid: Another black eye for CPD.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Can't Fix Stupid: Another black eye for CPD.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6787383.story

Chicago officer attacks Forest Park cops, authorities say
    Man was detained after altercation at Irish pub

An off-duty Chicago police officer who was detained in connection with a bar disturbance was drunk Saturday night when he struck two Forest Park officers and a paramedic, police in the west suburb said Monday.

Forest Park police arrested Richard Schmidt, 25, a patrol officer in the Englewood District, at Slainte Irish Pub after he was involved in an altercation there and "caused some damage to the bar," said John Gorman, a spokesman for the Cook County State's attorney's office.

A witness told Forest Park police that Schmidt was on the second floor of the tavern, 7505 Madison St., jumping in the air, then landing on tables with his back and breaking them, said Forest Park Deputy Chief Thomas Aftanas.
    Officers took him to the Forest Park police station, where he became combative and struck two officers, Gorman said. Schmidt elbowed one officer in the face and attacked a sergeant, Aftanas said. Police used a Taser on Schmidt's leg to bring him under control, he said.

Police called paramedics for Schmidt, who was bloodied from the altercation. Schmidt spit blood in a paramedic's face and struck him, Gorman said. Schmidt was treated at Oak Park Hospital, where it was determined that his blood-alcohol level exceeded .08, the legal limit if he had been driving, Aftanas said.

Schmidt was charged with four counts of aggravated battery, including two to an officer, and criminal damage to property, police said. He appeared in Bond Court Monday in Maywood and was ordered held in lieu of $10,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear again in court Tuesday, Gorman said.

Schmidt was relieved of his police duties pending an investigation, said Monique Bond, a spokeswoman for the Chicago Police Department.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is truly unfortunate; the guy probably would've gotten a bye on the damage, but when you attack your brothers in blue, uuuuuh!
    “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

I feel no pity for this idiot.

Comment

Alcohol and idiocy are a brutal combination.

Comment

I actually knew him.....

Looks very bad for him

Spooky
        Last edited by A1CSpooky; 03-27-2008, 05:01 PM.

Comment

All it takes is one to screw things up.
          There was a story a while back about a Rockford officer getting killed after starting a bar-fight off-duty.
          How do guys like these not get fired beforehand?
          Roger Murtaugh: See how easy that was? Boom, still alive. Now we question him. You know why we question him? Because I got him in the leg. I didn't shoot him full of holes or try to jump off a building with him.
          Martin Riggs: Hey, that's no fair. The building guy lived.

Comment

Originally posted by sentinel17 View Post
            How do guys like these not get fired beforehand?
            Just goes to show you that polygraphs and psychological exams are not all-knowing. I've known people that went through the process, got hired, made it through academy and then fired themselves in the FTO program. A good FTO is the only thing standing between the squirrels and the public.

Comment

Give the guy a break.Maybe he had a bad day.Maybe he got a whiff of his first stinker.Maybe he saw a dead baby,killed by the baby's daddy for pooping in his pants.Jeez do you know how much **** cops ,especially Chicago sees.Talk about stress,crap you`d drink too.cops -highest divorce rate,alcoholism.Why?Gee I don't know maybe because they deal with the scum of the earth all the time! I'm not saying what he did was right,but don't crucify the guy.
              Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

Originally posted by gundog View Post
                Give the guy a break.Maybe he had a bad day.Talk about stress,crap you`d drink too.Why?Gee I don't know maybe because they deal with the scum of the earth all the time! I'm not saying what he did was right,but don't crucify the guy.
                There are several thousand other CPD Officers that deal with this job-related stress, without making an ***** out of themselves. The rest of them don't go around elbowing their brothers in the face.
                We all deal with the scum, the 'stinkers', and children who have been abused. These are some of the negative aspects of the job; learn to deal with it or go to work as a greeter at WalMart.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
                  There are several thousand other CPD Officers that deal with this job-related stress, without making an ***** out of themselves. The rest of them don't go around elbowing their brothers in the face.
                  We all deal with the scum, the 'stinkers', and children who have been abused. These are some of the negative aspects of the job; learn to deal with it or go to work as a greeter at WalMart.
                  Learn to deal with it? I'm a 20 yr vet thank you.I said I don't agree with what he did,just that there could be an underlining factor to what he did.If you can handle the job,great for you. But some cant.Thats all.P.S. go have a drink!
                  Last edited by gundog; 03-11-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Give the guy a break.Maybe he had a bad day.Maybe he got a whiff of his first stinker.Maybe he saw a dead baby,killed by the baby's daddy for pooping in his pants.Jeez do you know how much **** cops ,especially Chicago sees.Talk about stress,crap you`d drink too.cops -highest divorce rate,alcoholism.Why?Gee I don't know maybe because they deal with the scum of the earth all the time! I'm not saying what he did was right,but don't crucify the guy.
                    Two Words: Occupational Hazard

Comment

Learn to deal with it? I'm a 20 yr vet thank you.I said I don't agree with what he did,just that there could be an underlining factor to what he did.If you can handle the job,great for you. But some cant.Thats all.P.S. go have a drink!
                      well gundog,first of all, I would like to thank you for your service to this great country,but what did officer did was wrong plain and simple,we all have had bad days,but thats no excuse to beat on someone you are suppose to serve and protect,and a woman at that,how would you feel if this was your mother or sister,would you say,give him a break then,this guy deserves to be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by benron View Post
                        well gundog,first of all, I would like to thank you for your service to this great country,but what did officer did was wrong plain and simple,we all have had bad days,but thats no excuse to beat on someone you are suppose to serve and protect,and a woman at that,how would you feel if this was your mother or sister,would you say,give him a break then,this guy deserves to be fired.
                        Were you there? Again I said I dont agree with what he did,just dont crucify him.And dont believe everything you read in the papers.And I also think you got your beatings mixed up,the original post didnt mention women.You might be thinking of the other bar incident that I dont care to mention.
                        Last edited by gundog; 03-12-2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

By the way,When I said give him a break I meant you the posters. Not the arrest. You guys got him convicted before he even went to court,just like the media.
                          Last edited by gundog; 03-12-2008, 01:07 PM.

Comment

By the way,When I said give him a break I meant you the posters. Not the arrest. You guys got him convicted before he even went to court,just like the media.
                            I'am sorry gundog.i thought you were talking about the cpd officer who was caught on camera beating a barmaid,my apology ,but i still would like to thankyou for your military service.

Comment

No problem.Its easy to misunderstand someone on these posts.Its not like you are actually talking to someone in person.Like when I said I was a 20 year vet.I wrote vet as veteran as in police work not military.By the way, is there any pheasant out your way?
                              Last edited by gundog; 03-12-2008, 07:01 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12214 users online. 458 members and 11756 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X