Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calumet City PD

Anyone going to apply?

Any thoughts from the veterans about this department?

I applied there last year and was offered a job about 2 months ago. I already had taken a job somewhere else so I had to decline. They use COPS test so I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing for you. Other than that, pay isn't too bad but you will work for your money!

Comment

I have had numerous dealings with their PD. Always a good experience, good coppers and Detectives. That being said the town is now a garbage can with a mall, thanks to King Richie emptying out the CHA and section 8 vouchers being handed out like candy (or $20 bags). Too bad Cal City had way too many apartment complexes,which have now become mini Robert Taylors, Stateway Gardens, and Ida B. Wells..Whenever I went out there looking for people, it was amazing how many mutts recognized us from the city projects.
      Luckily, they got rid of residency, you will keep busy, but I would worry about what will become of the city and PD administration in future years.

Comment

Anyone else with thoughts on Cal City?

I certainly don't mind working for my money, in fact, I wouldn't like it any other way.

Comment

Anyone turn there application for calumet city? I turned mine in. The crappy thing is that the mandantory orientation for Calumet is on the same day as the orland physical agility. So far only 53 people applied for calument and they are hurting for officers. Over 300 plus people took the written for orland and who knows how many passed. Seems like a flip of a coin here.

Comment

Scott,

Don't know what your background or circumstances are but given those choices, if I were you, I'd go with Orland.

I didn't apply to Orland so that's not a question for me. Right now I'm trying to decide whether to take the GF out of town for a couple of days to Minneapolis after the Cal City orientation.

Only 53 people applied? That doesn't seem like much. Must not be a desireable place. I know they've got their share of problems but every town does in some way or another.

Comment

Did anyone take the test on Saturday?

Comment

Did anyone receive there Calument city test results back yet?

Comment

Not yet. We'll probably get them sometime this week or early next week.

Comment

Got my results back and I passed. Oral interviews are scheduled later in the month.

Comment

Got the eligibility list today.

I'm bummed that I only placed #16. But that's because they didn't give out a POWER test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9299 users online. 421 members and 8878 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X