300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP Background Notice

I just received a notice from the Merit Board that my background investigation will begin soon!!!

Good luck to everyone else who received/will receive a notice.

RyBaK477

I have 2 more years of school before I can start the application process. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by RyBaK477 View Post
      I just received a notice from the Merit Board that my background investigation will begin soon!!!

RyBaK477
      How long have you been in the eligibility pool?

Comment

Originally posted by cherrybomb19 View Post
        How long have you been in the eligibility pool?
        I took the Chicago test July '07. So since about August(?).

Comment

Would you rather have ISP or CPD?

Comment

I received letter yesterday stating that I’m in eligibility pool... what means that I probably filed Rybak47 empty space.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.tiger View Post
              I received letter yesterday stating that I’m in eligibility pool... what means that I probably filed Rybak47 empty space.

When did you take the test? ISP was pretty quick and specifically noncommital about the pool not being a list.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                Would you rather have ISP or CPD?
                ? There are pros for both.

ISP- From what I've gathered from ISPCAPT and others the pension set up is a bit better, I like the idea of having a car with gas issued to me, no residency requirements, an apparently tougher academy set-up, and issued equipment. RECRUITMENT PROCESS IS MOVING FASTER!

CPD- Variety of work to get involved in everyday (plenty of gang activity, drugs, etc.), partner in your car, bought a house in chicago specifically for CPD requirements.

I guess it may just come down to who has the cooler looking uniform
                Last edited by RyBaK477; 02-20-2008, 07:48 PM. Reason: grammar I fix had to

Comment

? There are pros for both.

ISP- From what I've gathered from ISPCAPT and others the pension set up is a bit better, I like the idea of having a car with gas issued to me, no residency requirements, an apparently tougher academy set-up, and issued equipment. RECRUITMENT PROCESS IS MOVING FASTER!

CPD- Variety of work to get involved in everyday (plenty of gang activity, drugs, etc.), partner in your car, bought a house in chicago specifically for CPD requirements.

I guess it may just come down to who has the cooler looking uniform
                  Green and Tan, I love the state's uniform.

Comment

When did you take the test? ISP was pretty quick and specifically noncommital about the pool not being a list.
                    I took a test last month (Jan, 5th 2008, in UIC). But at the bottom they concluded that there is no class scheduled for this fiscal year.
                    P.S. Fiscal year ends in July of this year as I remember…

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                      Green and Tan, I love the state's uniform.
                      But CPD has the very patriotic red, white, and blue cars. I also heard that each CPD patrol car has a Seiser odor ornament on the rearview mirrors.

Comment

Anyone else received letters?

Comment

Originally posted by mr.tiger View Post
                          I took a test last month (Jan, 5th 2008, in UIC). But at the bottom they concluded that there is no class scheduled for this fiscal year.
                          P.S. Fiscal year ends in July of this year as I remember…
                          About 3-4 weeks ago the OK was given for Cadet Class 116 to start June 8. Unknown at this time exactly how many will be selected. Backgrounds are being done now for that class.
                          183 FBINA

Comment

Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                            About 3-4 weeks ago the OK was given for Cadet Class 116 to start June 8. Unknown at this time exactly how many will be selected. Backgrounds are being done now for that class.
                            Thanks for the info, sir!
                            Last edited by cherrybomb19; 02-28-2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

RyBaK477
                              I received a letter today as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5460 users online. 242 members and 5218 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X