Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crete PD

Anyone else test on Saturday?

Geez, it was cold outside!!! Kinda wish we would've had to do the POWER test first.

I think they said there were more than 200 people there. I guess that's what happens when you don't charge for the application. LOL. But with it being a COPS test, I think quite a few people don't pass that one.

do most people think that COPS test is difficult? I usually dominate that thing the last time I took it I got a 95

Comment

I don't think it's difficult but I've read some complaints about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southside View Post
        do most people think that COPS test is difficult? I usually dominate that thing the last time I took it I got a 95
        I am surprised! I thought C.O.P.S. does not give out results. How did you find out your score?
        "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post

Geez, it was cold outside!!! Kinda wish we would've had to do the POWER test first.

I think they said there were more than 200 people there. I guess that's what happens when you don't charge for the application. LOL. But with it being a COPS test, I think quite a few people don't pass that one.
          I was there. I believe there were more than 200 people. But there was a lot. I am interested to see how many make the list. To help decrease the numbers I wish they would have done a P.O.W.E.R. test and orals before a final list was approved. There will be way to many people on the initial list.
          "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

You should get a letter from the village of whether or not you passed the written. We should get ours in a couple of weeks and then send in for preference points.

Comment

You should get a letter from the village of whether or not you passed the written. We should get ours in a couple of weeks and then send in for preference points.
              I understand that, but COPS does not disclose what individuals scored on their written. We will know what we did score on this written only because the testing process does not include an oral score combined with the written. I have personally asked John, CEO of COPS, for my score during an oral board and he found it comical that I asked. I was told that the scores are property of COPS and the village. Hey, I was curious!

So, knowing what you scored individually on combined score (oral & written) is unlikely. My original question...how did he find out?
              Last edited by LockednLoaded; 01-21-2008, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Okay, I misinterpreted your question.

Now I'm curious to know how he found out he got a 95.

Comment

My BI said that I had the top score on the oral board a( 96%), my final score on the elgibility list was a 95.5 w/o preference points. The board and the test were 50-50 so by simple math I was able to get to my written score.

Comment

You managed to answer every question on every phase of the COPS test? I didn't think that'd be possible.

Comment

Dude I don't think that's how the test is scored...I can't imagine even an exceptionally intelligent person being able to accurately answer more than 75% of the questions on that test...

Comment

Yeah I was there. The COPS test really caught me by surprise, I had never taken one before. Not sure if I did well or not just going to have to wait and find out. I'm pretty sure the exact number was about 224, I definately did not expect that many people. The POWER test would have been nice before I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Southside View Post
                          Dude I don't think that's how the test is scored...I can't imagine even an exceptionally intelligent person being able to accurately answer more than 75% of the questions on that test...
                          Illinois Edmond is correct. The test is scored like he is thinking. The questions not answered are wrong. It was stated before we started. And yes, I can answer all the questions except for the second section. Out of the 42 in section two I had at least 37 completed. I will be the first to say that I am not intelligent.
                          Last edited by LockednLoaded; 01-22-2008, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3V2000GT View Post
                            Yeah I was there. The COPS test really caught me by surprise, I had never taken one before. Not sure if I did well or not just going to have to wait and find out. I'm pretty sure the exact number was about 224, I definately did not expect that many people. The POWER test would have been nice before I agree.
                            Taking it for the first time can be surprirsing. The more you take it the better you will perform.

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
                              Illinois Edmond is correct. The test is scored like he is thinking. The questions not answered are wrong. It was stated before we started. And yes, I can answer all the questions except for the second section. Out of the 42 in section two I had at least 37 completed. I will be the first to say that I am not intelligent.
                              I am in agreement with you. I finished all the tests except for the second. I nailed about 39 of them (my persoanl best). I have taken the test so many times its not funny so I know a question before it comes up. My highest ever score was 99.8% and that was for Oak Brook Terrace back in 06.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10131 users online. 337 members and 9794 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X