No announcement yet.

Offtopic: Illinois Flooding (Kankakee County/Iroquois County)

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offtopic: Illinois Flooding (Kankakee County/Iroquois County)

Anyone here work in either county or any county that had any sever flooding? I live in Kankakee just down from Cobb and the river is still higher than ever!

If you haven't already seen photos check out this slide show by the Daily Journal (the Kankakee newspaper)
    Has some pretty good photos of the flooding in Aroma and in Watseka, also the Washington St. Bridge that was shut down in Kankakee for a hour because the police dept. thought that it was getting too dangerous to travel (If you get to those photos, the water is usually about 20-30 feet under the bridge, not a few inches.. there is a dam there and that stops the water to about a foot or two deep in that part of the river..) but they reopened it about an hour after that..

Anyone else from any other cities/counties having any major flooding?

I work in Vermilion County. Thankfully we are on the border and didn't have to deal with it. I live just south of Iroquouis county. That night I worked on the northern border and had a few cars going in the ditch but compared to the counties north of us we had it good.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

What's Going On

There are currently 8285 users online. 257 members and 8028 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad