300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisle PD

Anybody have any info on Lisle? (ie FTO, call volume, the PD in general) I have heard good things just wondering if anybody knows any Lisle officers or is a Lisle officer.

I am told they have a big roll-over of officers. I know a bunch of people who work for neighboring departments of Lisle, and they oringinally came from that department.
    From what they say, "you go to that department to get the certification and then move on".

Comment

I have quick question to those who are applying to Lisle. Does anybody know what time is the orientation on March 18th? Thanks in advance...

Comment

Well, my PD has FOUR former Lisle Officers if that tells you anything.
        www.saveavet.org

Comment

Interesting. The previous posts may need some clarification from dogcop and cardsfan. There were a select few who left Lisle because they wanted a change, greener pastures and such, over the past several years. Probably around the time contract negotiations were going on and other PD's in the area were paying more. Legend has it they were some guys with skills and moved on for reasons other than the LPD.

If these four coppers left in the past 5 years or so, they might not be telling the complete truth about their success during FTO. The inevitible excuses of why they left really don't matter...simple fact was they couldn't hack it and were allowed to resign and find another PD to take the risk. They did however, " get the certification and then move on" or so to speak.

Lisle is a good PD and for those looking to apply, don't dismiss it as a place to start your career. They don't except or expect anything but the best so they can be picky.

Comment

Mr.Tiger,

March 18 7:00 pm

Comment

I'm not in the business of trashing other towns PD's, but all I can do is relay what I have heard from first hand accounts. I also know a current Lisle Officer and he confirms the fact that the Brass can make things difficult on them. But with any luck that will change. Lisle is not a real active town leaving guys at times wanting more. I think that Lisle Officers are excellent Officers. No one ever said they weren't, the main issue is with the way the town is run and those Officer's are being treated. I believe those Officers deserve better because I have dealt with many of them and they are standup Officers.

AR15x3 wrote: "The inevitible excuses of why they left really don't matter...simple fact was they couldn't hack it and were allowed to resign and find another PD to take the risk."

I would without a doubt dispute that in reference to the guy's we got. They are excellent Officers and our PD is very active and handles about 40,000 more calls a year for service than Lisle does. So they are more than "hacking it" when it comes to locking up gang bangers, getting dope and going hands on.
              Last edited by dogcop; 01-31-2008, 04:45 AM.
              www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop
                They are excellent Officers and our PD is very active and handles about 40,000 more calls a year for service than Lisle does.
                How do you find out the avg number of svc calls for area police depts? is there a website somewhere?

Comment

Dogcop makes some good points. I wouldn't dispute the fact that if he's working with former LPD, then those officers are locked on. As for the overall theme of the previous posts, the consensus seemed shed negatively for potential testers/recruits. As a profession, we are seeing a dwindling amount of good applicants. For those who have found this site, they are taking the first steps in research and are steps ahead of those who haven't. If turnover is a major fear and stopping you from applying, then so be it. Lisle has a good reputation and would most likely be a pd to foster a love for the job. Politics are inescapable in this job doesn't matter where you work. Talk to guys with 5 or 10 years on anywhere, and its highly unlikely they are working with the same guys/girls they hired on with. It seems like the info is out there, both sides. So make an informed choice about applying. As an aside, a high ballpark on a town that size and demographic would be about 15K calls a year. Best of luck to those out there applying, and stay safe to the sworn members out there.

Comment

Did anyone go to the orientation on 3/18? And if so, was there any critical info. given out other than the usual?

I'm asking this question for a friend who's an out-of-state candidate and wasn't able to make it.

Thanks in advance

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7824 users online. 182 members and 7642 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X