300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Superintendent

The boards have been quiet, so what does everyone think about the new Super? I know he hasn't actually "done" anything yet, but the prospect of having a disciplined outsider run the show is definitely going to stir things up and maybe help some of the bad press go away for at least a while.

I do not know much of the new super, however I do know that he is making more than our city mayor. He will be earning $300,000 or more a year. Mayor does not make that much. Is he worth that much?

Comment

An outsider administrator is exactly what Chicago PD needs at the top.

Comment

We got a Supt. that has never been a P/O, has to run a Dept. of 13,000 sworn and never has been an administrator to 5% of that number and our Mayor, King Ritchie, has b****slapped us in the face, telling us that there isn't anyone of our 13000 members qualified to run this Dept.

If anyone actually believes that Ritchie would appoint a Police Supt. that will operate the Dept. without interference from the Mayor, the Reverends, and the Aldermutts does not reside in Chicago and most certainly is not a Chicago P/O.

One of two things will happen. He is going to do what Ritchie tells him, or will be moved out of the spot, and sent home to collect the remainder of his contract watching daytime soaps..

If you think something different, remember this city is all about, money,politics and race, not necessarily in that order.

Curious why you think an outsider is best for us, Lawdog?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          One of two things will happen. He is going to do what Ritchie tells him, or will be moved out of the spot, and sent home to collect the remainder of his contract watching daytime soaps..

If you think something different, remember this city is all about, money,politics and race, not necessarily in that order.
          There is a third thing that will happen.....absolutely nothing!!
          In the past several years Chicago has had several Superintendents. NOTHING has changed with the way CPD does business. The program has a new name, CAPS, TRU, HBT. The names may change but the mission never has. It doesnt matter who is at the top because it is the people at the bottom who count and do the job day after day. Hw many cops already realize that they will outlast their Chief of Polce and a few more over the course of their career. Chicago is no different.
          You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

I hope a new exam is announced soon.

Comment

Got a point there, CityBlue. We don't have OPS anymore, we just got the gal from LA and now it's the totally new, revamped Independant Police Review, staffed by....Drum Roll, Please.....OPS Investigators....LOL
              They'll rename whatever units that communities make the most stink about.
              Bottom line is that when the simulcast in-prog. job goes out or my cell rings telling me Pookie G got popped in the foot at 60th - Laflin, we'll still go out and handle it...

I've outlasted 5 Supt.'s and about 10 Commanders...

Comment

and

And I am sure you will outlast a whole hell of alot more.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8688 users online. 336 members and 8352 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X