300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops turned Authors!!

I'm looking for a book, that was written by a Chicago copper! I can't remember the title or the name of the cop, but was wonder'n if anyone could list any ex- or retired chicago coppers who wrote and/ or published any tell alls or biography's of any sort. If I see the cops name or the title I'll know it when I see it. I saw it in a mens magazine as a book for men should read, and me being a cop, I would like to get to read. Any assistance from my brothers in blue, or brown would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in adviance.

Their are two books written by Connie Fletcher about life on the streets as a Chicago Police Officer:

1) WHAT COPS KNOW
    2) PURE COP

Don't know if either of those are the one's you are talking about, but they are both good reads anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher11 View Post
      I'm looking for a book, that was written by a Chicago copper! I can't remember the title or the name of the cop, but was wonder'n if anyone could list any ex- or retired chicago coppers who wrote and/ or published any tell alls or biography's of any sort.
      DAVID (thanks for the correction ChiTownDet) Case wrote "Out of Cabrini". Or something to that nature.

Otherwise, Borders has a very wide selection of books be cops.
      Last edited by RyBaK477; 11-20-2007, 10:48 AM. Reason: error in bibliography

Comment

Tom Case's book was pretty good.
        Tom Cline wrote a couple books. Don't remember the names but I've seen them sold a couple places.

Comment

Juan Antonio Juarez wrote Brotherhood of Corruption. It's a pretty good read.

Comment

Gina Gallo wrote Armed and Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
              Juan Antonio Juarez wrote Brotherhood of Corruption. It's a pretty good read.
              I wouldn't give ole' Juan a penny of my hard earned cash..Total POS, gets caught hot on a drug test, fired, then comes the "expose."

Dave Case, good guy, real street copper..

Comment

Authors

Try this site http://www.police-writers.com/ , and search by department or state.

Comment

Thanks for the link WIND-CITY; here's the direct link to CPD.

Never knew this side of writing existed, gonna pick me up some of these books.

Comment

Cops turned authors...

Thanks everyone for all the feedback, really appreciate it. If anyone is looking for a good read, look for, "Under and Alone" by William Queen. Former ATF agent who infiltrated the Mongols MC. I'm not a big reader but I couldn't put it down. Great gift for a copper. Thanks again everyone, and Happy Holidays....

Comment

Extreme Cop...

'Oh almost forgot the book I was looking for was, "EXTREME COP", By Jerry Ardolino. Supposed to be a good read...

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher11 View Post
                        'Oh almost forgot the book I was looking for was, "EXTREME COP", By Jerry Ardolino. Supposed to be a good read...
                        After seeing the foreward for that book, hope it's in the fiction section..

Comment

A former professor of mine at UIC wrote a book but it was a text book. It was on police and training. Forgot the name of the book but his name is Gene Scaramella. I guess it's more of the educational types of book, it talks about the importance of training and education (not necessarily academic) for officers and the potential consequences for lack of training, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                            After seeing the foreward for that book, hope it's in the fiction section..
                            Originally Posted by Punisher11

Being a Chi-town Det., I would think you heard of Jerry Ardolino...?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6553 users online. 316 members and 6237 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X