Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joliet Police

For those of you on the list.....

Rumor is...................GET READY FOR A CITY WIDE HIRING FREEZE!

Correct me if I am wrong, but the current list expires in June???
    "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
      Correct me if I am wrong, but the current list expires in June???
      I received a letter from the commission saying they extended it to Nov 2008 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott32 View Post
        I received a letter from the commission saying they extended it to Nov 2008 I believe.
        Huh...I am not sure if that is correct. Per ILCS, the list should only be valid for a full 24 months. Does a commission have the power to extend the list as they wish? If so, why doesn't every department practice this?
        "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Home rule municipalities can extend it..A burb I worked for kept the lists for 3 yrs...

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
            Huh...I am not sure if that is correct. Per ILCS, the list should only be valid for a full 24 months. Does a commission have the power to extend the list as they wish? If so, why doesn't every department practice this?
            More probably don't do it because if it is an active list that is being hired from, usually the applicants by the end of the list are garbage. If it is a decent sized list and the bottom of it is getting reached, I'm not saying that there can't be some good people coming from it, but usually it is pretty scary. From there it is best to just start fresh.
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
              More probably don't do it because if it is an active list that is being hired from, usually the applicants by the end of the list are garbage. If it is a decent sized list and the bottom of it is getting reached, I'm not saying that there can't be some good people coming from it, but usually it is pretty scary. From there it is best to just start fresh.
              That is very true. I was hired at the top of a new list. The people hired right before me were from the bottom of the old list. None of them made it through FTO period. The FTO's from my department were complaining when they had to train the bottom of the list people.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

At the January meeting for the Police and Fire Board, they appointed three officers and one as a conditional hire. They started with number 50, and ended up at number 66 to be up next for consideration. HOPEFULLY, if they hire 2 or 3 more in February I will know something.

Comment

Test this spring, all hiring done by civilians, Doh'.

Comment

http://www.jolietpolice.org/JPDPatrolFAQs.htm

Comment

Originally posted by corysheets104 View Post
                        At the January meeting for the Police and Fire Board, they appointed three officers and one as a conditional hire. They started with number 50, and ended up at number 66 to be up next for consideration. HOPEFULLY, if they hire 2 or 3 more in February I will know something.
                        Two patrol officers just retired. They SHOULD hire to replace them. We will see. Good luck to you and tell our mutual friend to call me when he gets a chance.

Comment

I hear they got a bunch up for promotion, that'll open up slots.

Comment

thanks for the info styguy...i will tell him to call.

Comment

Originally posted by leadslinger11b View Post
                              I hear they got a bunch up for promotion, that'll open up slots.

Yeah, four were just promoted on 1/22.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10991 users online. 402 members and 10589 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X