300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sit and Reach Test question.

Does this test require reaching 16 inches beyond the toes? Thank you.
    Anyone trying in Mundelein next Saturday?

Originally posted by Greg29 View Post
    Does this test require reaching 16 inches beyond the toes? ...
    Anyone trying in Mundelein next Saturday?
    Greg,

You will sit with your legs straight and your feet against a wooden box. There will be a ruler with a sliding block on it. From the sitting position you will have to push the block the required distance (16" in your case?). Essentially, how it's set up, if you can touch your toes and maybe an inch more you should be fine.

RyBaK477

Comment

That "essentially" part is what is was looking for. The bottom line is I have to reach my toes or maybe go one inch further. Could it be described in those tests more confusing than that? Thank you so much!
      One more: are there any extra points for doing better than those posted for every test requirements, or it is just pass/fail test?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg29 View Post
        One more: are there any extra points for doing better than those posted for every test requirements, or it is just pass/fail test?
        For CPD there was no indication that "above and beyond" mattered. Everyone put out 100% in my group but they still cut you off at the required reps (sit-ups), weight (bp), and the sit & reach they just said "good enough".

ISP let you do sit-ups for the whole minute if you had time to add more and wrote down the final number of reps.

RyBaK477

Comment

I've never been to a test where they cared how much you did, as long as you pass. I tested at Mundelein last time and i know that they just want you to pass...I'll see you there saturday, good luck.
          Academy start date-7 April
          Academy graduation- 20 June

Comment

Does this test require reaching 16 inches beyond the toes?
            Ya know, for a second I thought you were asking if you literally have to reach 16 inches PAST your toes, rather than 16 inches total. haha Now that would be some flexibility.

Comment

Thanks to all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9914 users online. 463 members and 9451 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X