300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kane County Psych

Just wanted to see if anyone took the Kane County Sheriffs Psych test yet. Or does anyone know, what type of test it is. My test date is the 26th.

Thanks for the info,

Originally posted by USMC0341 View Post
    Just wanted to see if anyone took the Kane County Sheriffs Psych test yet. Or does anyone know, what type of test it is. My test date is the 26th.

Thanks for the info,
    Good luck on your Psych, I still haven't heard a word from Kane about any interviews or psych yet. All I got was my final score and I have been added to the eligibility list. When I did send an e-mail to the Kane county recruiter on theblueline he sent me this e-mail. Hope this helps. Never had a psych from them.

"Sorry if I sent a blank response. We do not use an outside testing agency for
    any of these tests. Our Merit Commission administers the written test (you are
    given your score that night). The psych test is conducted by the Kane county
    Diagnostic Center--located next to the current jail. And the polygraph is given
    by a Kane County Patrol Deputy. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    --Lt. Hickey"

Comment

To Scott32 and USMC0341 - I've been reading your posts (here and on the other thread) about Kane County and I'm trying to figure out if the info you're providing is applying to corrections testing or deputy testing. I'm testing for deputy too and just trying to gather up info that applies to deputy testing only. The testing you're going through now - is that for corrections?

By the by, I read an article that said KC is authorized to have 95 deputies, but they only have 91, so they may be hiring 4 with this phase.

See you at orientation on 12/3!
      What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

The original "point and click" interface was a Smith and Wesson

Comment

Thanks for the info,
        How did you psych go? I got a call from Kane County asking if I am still interested in the position. Of course I said yes and she e-mailed me a background packet.

Comment

Originally posted by copchick11 View Post
          To Scott32 and USMC0341 - I've been reading your posts (here and on the other thread) about Kane County and I'm trying to figure out if the info you're providing is applying to corrections testing or deputy testing. I'm testing for deputy too and just trying to gather up info that applies to deputy testing only. The testing you're going through now - is that for corrections?

By the by, I read an article that said KC is authorized to have 95 deputies, but they only have 91, so they may be hiring 4 with this phase.

See you at orientation on 12/3!
          Yes this is for CO. But read it, cause I think alot of the process is the same. The app. had Corrections/Sheriffs, and everything we had to fill out we had to put for what position. I believe just the writtin test will be different.
          Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott32 View Post
            How did you psych go? I got a call from Kane County asking if I am still interested in the position. Of course I said yes and she e-mailed me a background packet.
            Hey congrats on the call! I think I did good, I received a call tonight to set up the poly. I don't think they would spend the time and money without making sure I passed the psych..??..I have to call in the morning. That Pcych test was looonnggg..But I hope worth it. Good luck on the MONSTER background packet!

Comment

Hey congrats on the call! I think I did good, I received a call tonight to set up the poly. I don't think they would spend the time and money without making sure I passed the psych..??..I have to call in the morning. That Pcych test was looonnggg..But I hope worth it. Good luck on the MONSTER background packet!

Yeah I just printed the whole damn thing out. Its about as long as the one I filled out for Cook County. Shouldn't take too long. Since I do security at the moment I bet I can get it all done before my 15 hour shift is over. Good going on the psych. Thats the part of the process which usually weeds out people quickly. Can't wait to take another one..LOL

Comment

Yes this is for CO. But read it, cause I think alot of the process is the same. The app. had Corrections/Sheriffs, and everything we had to fill out we had to put for what position. I believe just the writtin test will be different.
                Good Luck!
                I am testing for Tinley park that day so I passed on the patrol test for Kane. The kane County patrol test they are using is resource management just like the one we took for corrections except its there law enforcement version. I took it 4 times prior and did pretty good on it. The only thing I didn't care for on the law enforcement version is the vocab part. I never heard of some of the words they ask you to compare to on the vocab part. I have to take the law enforcement version again Saturday for Worth PD. Its not that bad of a test but it isn't one of the easiest tests out there.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, and good luck to you too!
                  What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

The original "point and click" interface was a Smith and Wesson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6149 users online. 270 members and 5879 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X