300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age Limit for CPD

I know the age limit is 40 for CPD. What was the age range for all of you guys who have already been through the academy?

I was 34 in the academy. Most of my class was late 20's to early 30's with a couple of 39 & 40yr olds thrown in.

Comment

what would you say is the proporation of individuals in the 34-39 range to the other age groups? Does CPD have to hire late 30's or do they hire best qualified without looking at age as a factor?

Comment

I wonder this myself because I'm 28 now and I'm wondering if I'll be the old man in a class.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
          I wonder this myself because I'm 28 now and I'm wondering if I'll be the old man in a class.
          got you on that Illinois edmond.....my question exactly, I'm 34, praying that there is an exam in '08, which let's say 2 years from initial exam would put me at 36-37, probably my last best chance before the age restriction of 40.....can anyone else offer insight as to class age makeup, determinants for hiring, etc..........?

thanks to all

Comment

I don't believe they factor age into it. As long as you make the age requirment when you test that is all that matters. I would say that almost half of my class was in their 30's.

Comment

I was 23 in the academy, and the third youngest in my class, one other 23 year old and one 22 year old who turned 23 half way through. The majority of my homeroom was mid 20s to early 30s. We had two people in their late 30s though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8289 users online. 356 members and 7933 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X