Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question For Cook County Sheriffs...eviction Related

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question For Cook County Sheriffs...eviction Related

    Hello All-

    Was wondering if any Cook County Sheriff Officers...or any one who may know for that matter could help me out on an eviction matter.

    Tomorrow morning I am scheduled to have a tenant evicted from an apartment I own. The issue is she has been gone for a couple of months now and has left all of her belongings/junk in the apt.

    What exactly is going to happen tomorrow when the officers show up? I don't expect them to move anything for me....but....do they expect me to move it myself while they are there or can I do it at my leisure? Reason I ask is because my schedule is really tight tomorrow due to work and I'd rather just do it on Sunday.

    If anyone can shed some light on what the process is I'd GREATLY appreciate it!!

    THANKS!!!

  • #2
    I'm not a Cook County Sheriff, I'm CPD, but I think this would fall into the category of abandoned property and you should be able to move it whenever you want. The Sheriff is just there to serve. They won't wait around. I think this is correct. They'll tell you tomorrow. Regardless, like I said they won't wait around so do it whenever you can.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ts622 View Post
      I'm not a Cook County Sheriff, I'm CPD, but I think this would fall into the category of abandoned property and you should be able to move it whenever you want. The Sheriff is just there to serve. They won't wait around. I think this is correct. They'll tell you tomorrow. Regardless, like I said they won't wait around so do it whenever you can.
      Thanks for the reply and you are correct. They came this morning...entered the unit ...made sure all was clear...took a couple of pictures..posted a notice on the door and said, "The mess is yours...have a nice day!"

      Very courteous, professional and punctual...they said be there between 8am and noon (lol...like cable companies) and they showed up @8:30.

      Hats off to those officers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
        Thanks for the reply and you are correct. They came this morning...entered the unit ...made sure all was clear...took a couple of pictures..posted a notice on the door and said, "The mess is yours...have a nice day!"

        Very courteous, professional and punctual...they said be there between 8am and noon (lol...like cable companies) and they showed up @8:30.

        Hats off to those officers.


        And sorry for not being on to see your question. But glad to see a CPD'er got to it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rolt View Post


          And sorry for not being on to see your question. But glad to see a CPD'er got to it.
          I was actually looking for you to answer the question when I first posted because I knew your worked for the County

          Do those officers work for Court Services (I imagine they do) or for Sheriff's Police? Only I reason I ask is because the squads specifically said Sheriff Police on them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
            I was actually looking for you to answer the question when I first posted because I knew your worked for the County

            Do those officers work for Court Services (I imagine they do) or for Sheriff's Police? Only I reason I ask is because the squads specifically said Sheriff Police on them.
            The bulk (if not all of them) come from the Court Services department. They are what are called "street deputies" and the reason you will sometimes see them riding in squads labeled "Sheriff's Police" is usually because those are the older vehicles from the CCSPD.

            The markings just haven't been changed nor will they be.

            Corrections officers/deputies are sometimes in specialized street units in marked squads (me being one of them) but they don't do evictions.

            Comment

            MR300x250 Tablet

            Collapse

            What's Going On

            Collapse

            There are currently 10856 users online. 480 members and 10376 guests.

            Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

            Welcome Ad

            Collapse
            Working...
            X