300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run

Alright. Anyone up in lakeview want to run in early ams? I can't talk my roommates/and or lazy friends into it now that it's getting cold. Assuming we're gonna have to run all day at the academy - which is fine - I'd just like to not fall out of the habit because it's cold.

when do you start the academy?
    Who you calling twig pigs? we prefer tree police thank you!

Comment

I haven't the slightest idea. I just got done with the PHQ and the drug testing and there is no timetable for the Academy, I am an August 06 tester. I just need to keep running and it's been difficult as the marathon WORE ME OUT.

Comment

Just a heads up, be prepared to do other cardio exercises also. I could run no problem but when it came to doing 300 jumping jacks or squats I thought I was going to fall out. Try and mix up your workouts.

Comment

Yeah I'm doing that too. I suck at sit ups and push ups though. How much of that should I expect? I'm in shape but everyone can improve.

Comment

Expect alot. You'll be doing various kinds of push-ups...dive bombers, arms out wide, arms in close and lots of sit ups/crunches. Differant instuctors have favorite workouts. Some will run you alot, others will have you do push ups and sits ups for a hour.

Comment

Originally posted by LL1980 View Post
              Yeah I'm doing that too. I suck at sit ups and push ups though. How much of that should I expect? I'm in shape but everyone can improve.
              Work on push ups and lean and rest (locking in the push up postion). U will do more of those then running. Running depends on your HRI, but I would concentrate on stairs and sprints more then distance running. If u can run 2 miles before entering the academy, your fine in that Dept. But do stairs, sprints, bear crawls, jumping jacks, leg lifts, would be wise to hit the weights as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
                Work on push ups and lean and rest (locking in the push up postion). U will do more of those then running. Running depends on your HRI, but I would concentrate on stairs and sprints more then distance running. If u can run 2 miles before entering the academy, your fine in that Dept. But do stairs, sprints, bear crawls, jumping jacks, leg lifts, would be wise to hit the weights as well.
                Bear Crawls?!?!

Spooky
                Last edited by A1CSpooky; 01-31-2008, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Be prepared to crawl on your stomach on the floor using only your arms to pull you forward for long distances also...alot harder than it sounds.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9462 users online. 376 members and 9086 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X