Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the rest of processing?

I'm an August 06 tester, i was just wondering, if these rumors about the hiring freeze are true (i'm really hoping it's not), are we still going through the rest of the process(Psych, medical, etc.) or will that stop too? Also, did anybody who went for processing on November 3rd get a date for the Psych?

Originally posted by NAB4L View Post
    I'm an August 06 tester, i was just wondering, if these rumors about the hiring freeze are true (i'm really hoping it's not), are we still going through the rest of the process(Psych, medical, etc.) or will that stop too? Also, did anybody who went for processing on November 3rd get a date for the Psych?

Please refer to this link:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76428

Comment

Here's what I posted to another thread about the ambiguous statements in the press regarding Daley's budget proposals (which is the cause of all these rumors).

I asked one of the guys administering the drug test portion of the process today about this. He said that these sorts of things CAN affect the recruiting section. The number of people that get letters to report for POWER tests or other stages gets smaller for any given test, thus lengthening the amount of time it takes any one applicant to make it all the way through the process. He didn't say this WOULD happen, only that it COULD.
      As other posters have pointed out, a hiring FREEZE is essentially impossible in a department this size due to normal attrition. And, it is widely known that the dept. is understaffed as it is. I wouldn't worry too much. Personally, if Daley is talking about the dept as a whole, I would expect the process to slow somewhat, but it's not gonna stop. However, Daley had already said that he wanted to add 50 officers to the total (I assume he means the total authorized strength, if the dept was fully manned). The slow down may only effect the addition of those 50. Which is funny because the dept is, like, a couple thousand short of full strength from what Ive read.

And no, no one got a psych test date. They said they would be contacting us about that via mail.

Comment

Originally posted by NAB4L View Post

Most of the June testers have filled up November and December with Medical and Oral Psych dates....And with the Holidays coming I am sure the dept is going to take a short break for the Aug Testers taking your written psych.
        I sure you guys will be getting your letters in early 2008.

The Hiring Freeze is nothing but a rumor...We are all stressed out and I think right now we would believe just about anything! We all need to be patient and we will all get our chance.

Comment

well sorry to break it to you guys (and I know it goes against what I posted before), there will be no Nov/Dec class. There is no word when the next one will be. Some of the instructors may have to hit the streets again.

Comment

Originally posted by buffness View Post
            well sorry to break it to you guys (and I know it goes against what I posted before), there will be no Nov/Dec class. There is no word when the next one will be. Some of the instructors may have to hit the streets again.

My BI said the department doesn't do academies in December because of the holidays.
            Last edited by Chicago30; 11-13-2007, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago30 View Post
              My BI said the department doesn't do academies in December because of the holidays.
              Another reason they don't generally do academies in December is because after your one year anniversary they are required to give you a 20 day furlough. If your anniversary date is in December, then they would have to give you a furlough right after your first year anniversary and then another 20 days the following year. The department doesn't like to give you that much.

Comment

But after your probation is up, you bid for a furlough, and being new, you'll probably be getting one in Jan, Feb...Don't count on Jul, Aug, of last part od Dec (XMas) for many years to come. Of course, your seniority moves up quicker in less desirable Districts. Same goes for bidding on watch selections..Expect to be on mids for some time.

With 7 yrs on, I bid from a Dist. where I was in the upper 1/3 to a Dist. where my seniority sheet was stapled to the baseboard. Same when we started straight shifts. The Dist. I was in , you had to have 14 yrs. for PM's and 23-25 yrs for days..But the Dept. is getting younger and every class that's hired pushes you up a notch or two..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8103 users online. 343 members and 7760 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X