Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPD Hiring Process: Possible BAD NEWS!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Chicago30 View Post
    December 2008?

    CPD typically doesn't run academies in December.
    I meant about a year from now so Nov. of 08, but so far everything that I've gotten from my BI is that it won't be that long. So, I don't know.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Chicago30 View Post
      December 2008?

      CPD typically doesn't run academies in December.
      I stongerly doubt that they will have a freeze on that long. 14 months? It wont happen. I see what I hear around the academy, but I wouldnt bet any money on a freeze that long.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by rolt View Post
        Enjoy your disposable time and income. For me, a married guy, with a mortgage, and a pregnant wife, I no longer have any disposable anything. I guess that is how I justify my extra 30 pounds. ;p
        Hey Congrats Rolt!,

        disposable income is nice, but I'd like to be settled already with the house, the wife and the 2.5 kids. In that order.

        Spooky

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
          I stongerly doubt that they will have a freeze on that long. 14 months? It wont happen. I see what I hear around the academy, but I wouldnt bet any money on a freeze that long.
          I was thinking the same thing...plus I'm sure there will plently of police officers retiring between now and then, they need to be replaced.

          Comment


          • #20
            Im in the Oct class and word is the next class will be in December! So relax! My HRI told us so our class can move up and want be at bottom!

            Comment


            • #21
              yea, just another rumor. I remember when my class started they said we were the last class in this year. since then there's like 3! lol

              Comment


              • #22
                It AMAZES me how rumors become stories....As we are all about to become CPD, I find it hard to believe that everyone is actually believing this hiring freeze crap. First of all, the city can't "NOT" hire police officers. Officers leave the department on a weekly basis...ie: retire, get fired, quit, and so on, and they HAVE to be replaced. Academy classes are not going on hold or stopping. The media is getting everyone worked up over NOTHING. Just sit back and relax everybody. The rest of Feb. 06 testers (that pass everything) will be in academy sometime between January and March and possibly some June 06 testers.

                As future police officers, you have to take what the media says for a grain of salt. They do not know the whole story and they twist the story for news coverage.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by 0206CPDAPPL View Post
                  It AMAZES me how rumors become stories....As we are all about to become CPD, I find it hard to believe that everyone is actually believing this hiring freeze crap. First of all, the city can't "NOT" hire police officers. Officers leave the department on a weekly basis...ie: retire, get fired, quit, and so on, and they HAVE to be replaced. Academy classes are not going on hold or stopping. The media is getting everyone worked up over NOTHING. Just sit back and relax everybody. The rest of Feb. 06 testers (that pass everything) will be in academy sometime between January and March and possibly some June 06 testers.

                  As future police officers, you have to take what the media says for a grain of salt. They do not know the whole story and they twist the story for news coverage.


                  Thank you

                  X-2

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    CPD didn't test in 2005, did they? If they didn't, how did they keep up with the officers leaving? If they didn't test in 2005, that must've meant that the next group of new officers were the February 2006 testers, right?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                      CPD didn't test in 2005, did they? If they didn't, how did they keep up with the officers leaving? If they didn't test in 2005, that must've meant that the next group of new officers were the February 2006 testers, right?

                      We didn't always have yearly tests and we filled positions just fine. They just take more people off of the test before.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've seen it happen on other threads...don't follow rumors. The Chicago Police Department is "not" planning on a hiring freeze. For all intents and purposes the City is proactively and consistantly recruiting qualified applicants.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          There have been 8 classes so far in 2007, maybe an avg of 45 per class. so if we all get out, your looking at around 360 new officers from 07...thats not nearly enough, it sure isn't enough to last to Dec 2008. I wouldnt sweat it, at the latest the next class will start in spring 2008, and thats imo, hopefully earlier for u guys. A class got out today, another class gets out in Dec, that will leave only 4 classes at the academy, maybe 170 recruits, with another class graduating in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr....u guys will be fine.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by A1CSpooky View Post
                            I wish I was posting a new thread under different pre-texts then this. Now, this news that I have is from personal contacts in the CPD through word of mouth. I'm sure by now we know about the budget problems befalling the CPD. Apparently on WGN they touched on this today and I received a phone call just moments ago from my father (CPD 31yrs), who's a retired Seargent. His contact in the personnel department said that it looks like now they won't be running another class until December '08. I asked him how sure this was, and he said it came straight from a person that was probably there for all of the in processing of the June 06 testers. I hate to be the one to relay this and sincerely hope it is false. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll still be running classes, but hate to say that I feel that it may not be until this time next year.

                            Spooky
                            BREAKING NEWS!

                            I have proof that Elvis is still alive and living with Bigfoot. Also, I have real photos of the two riding the Loch Ness Monster while a UFO is flying overhead. Anyone who would like to see this proof should send $5,000 to RyBaK's Rumor Mill ASAP.

                            I figured if we were going to have so many responses to a rumor that I could at least try to benefit from it. I am looking for a way to finance my academy gear

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by RyBaK477 View Post
                              BREAKING NEWS!

                              I have proof that Elvis is still alive and living with Bigfoot. Also, I have real photos of the two riding the Loch Ness Monster while a UFO is flying overhead. Anyone who would like to see this proof should send $5,000 to RyBaK's Rumor Mill ASAP.

                              I figured if we were going to have so many responses to a rumor that I could at least try to benefit from it. I am looking for a way to finance my academy gear

                              He's living up in Canada right? That's where they are looking for him on the show Monster Quest. Elvis is up there because of the amazing drug plan... duh.

                              Spooky

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Hey guys,

                                I'm not from the area, but was wondering how often does Chicago offer the testing process for police officer? Also, does anyone know about how many applicants generally show up for the intial written test?
                                Finally, is CPD a hard dept to get into, or are they having a hard time finding qualified applicants like NYPD or LAPD?

                                Just wondering because I'm considering taking the next test they give.

                                Thanks!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12345 users online. 555 members and 11790 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X