Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Hiring Process: Possible BAD NEWS!

I wish I was posting a new thread under different pre-texts then this. Now, this news that I have is from personal contacts in the CPD through word of mouth. I'm sure by now we know about the budget problems befalling the CPD. Apparently on WGN they touched on this today and I received a phone call just moments ago from my father (CPD 31yrs), who's a retired Seargent. His contact in the personnel department said that it looks like now they won't be running another class until December '08. I asked him how sure this was, and he said it came straight from a person that was probably there for all of the in processing of the June 06 testers. I hate to be the one to relay this and sincerely hope it is false. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll still be running classes, but hate to say that I feel that it may not be until this time next year.

Spooky

Oh My God!

Comment

Everyone look at the positive. This means more time in the gym and when you take the final POWER test for the academy it will be second nature. Also, you will be well prepared for the other POWER tests in the academy. Just something to think about.....

Comment

The statement that Daley made is this: The cost-cutting steps include eliminating an unspecified number of currently unfilled jobs, delaying expansion of the city recycling program and putting off hiring some police officers. Johnson said he couldn't give a figure for how much those measures would save because details are being hashed out. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5731623.story

To me that means it may not happen as fast as it is now. Not that they are completely stopping the hiring process for the department. Until there is positive proof that hiring is going to a stand still. Don't lose hope be patient and keep working out.

Comment

A little info countering what I posted before. I just had a talk with my BI that just finished up my file and I asked her. She said that she had heard nothing about the possibility of hiring being put on hold for a year. She said that with retirements that she didn't think the could hold off that long.

I just don't know what to think anymore. As for the gym, I've been there every day for the last 3 months. I'm 7% body fat 5'10" and 170 pounds. I'm ready for the academy.

Spooky

Comment

Dang A1CS, with a fitness level like that it sounds like you're going to smoke the PT part of the academy, good for you.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel View Post
              Dang A1CS, with a fitness level like that it sounds like you're going to smoke the PT part of the academy, good for you.
              Unfortunately,

I'm on the heavy side. When I graduated boot in the military i was probably 155, between 4-5% body fat and I could do 80 pushups in 2 minutes, 90 situps in 2 minutes and ran the 2 mile in under 13:30. That was my prime, it did help that I was in charge of running the flight's fitness routine. People hated me, but when they left boot they were rock solid and could push the beautiful nation of Texas until the sun went down.

Spooky

Comment

Originally posted by A1CSpooky View Post
                Unfortunately,

I'm on the heavy side. When I graduated boot in the military i was probably 155, between 4-5% body fat and I could do 80 pushups in 2 minutes, 90 situps in 2 minutes and ran the 2 mile in under 13:30. That was my prime, it did help that I was in charge of running the flight's fitness routine. People hated me, but when they left boot they were rock solid and could push the beautiful nation of Texas until the sun went down.

Spooky
                Ugh, this depresses me and motivates me at the same time! How I wish I could have someone like you be my trainer and get my fat *** in shape.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
                  Ugh, this depresses me and motivates me at the same time! How I wish I could have someone like you be my trainer and get my fat *** in shape.
                  Trust me,

I'm not anywhere near that person anymore. I have a trainer myself now, just to keep me motivated. I love working out but after a 10-11 hour work day and dealing with inter office bull***t, I'm wrecked. I will say that I have started training for the "actual job" instead of just lifting and running. I'm now with a trainer and running mock foot pursuits. I do sprint, float, sprints. I have a harness and a sled, I run and he sits on the sled and holds onto the harness, so I drag him around, then I do wind sprints with a small parachute attached to the harness. Great to increase that burst speed. When I run down my first perp I want my FTO to be gasping for air and going " Sh*t that kid is fast!"

Spooky

Comment

Trust me,

I'm not anywhere near that person anymore. I have a trainer myself now, just to keep me motivated. I love working out but after a 10-11 hour work day and dealing with inter office bull***t, I'm wrecked. I will say that I have started training for the "actual job" instead of just lifting and running. I'm now with a trainer and running mock foot pursuits. I do sprint, float, sprints. I have a harness and a sled, I run and he sits on the sled and holds onto the harness, so I drag him around, then I do wind sprints with a small parachute attached to the harness. Great to increase that burst speed. When I run down my first perp I want my FTO to be gasping for air and going " Sh*t that kid is fast!"

Spooky
                    Good God.. I barely do 20 minutes on the treadmill and I feel like I am dying. I hear you about the long work days that when I do finally (after all that traffic) do make it home I just want to shower, get in a t-shirt and shorts, and relax.

It sucks just how bad your metabolism does slow down as you get older. I never had this problem when I was around 25.

I also don't have a clue how much a personal trainer would even cost me.

Comment

Good God.. I barely do 20 minutes on the treadmill and I feel like I am dying. I hear you about the long work days that when I do finally (after all that traffic) do make it home I just want to shower, get in a t-shirt and shorts, and relax.

It sucks just how bad your metabolism does slow down as you get older. I never had this problem when I was around 25.

I also don't have a clue how much a personal trainer would even cost me.

It's a little on the expensive side for a good trainer. Thankfully I don't have anything holding up my disposable income. No wife, No girlfriend, No children, Rent, electric, water, food, and cell phone are about all i pay for. The rest is disposable. This is why I've spent the rest of my waking hours in the gym. They say to develop a habit you have to do something continuously for 28 days. After 3 months that habit becomes an addiction. I've gone through stints like this, where if you miss 1 day or more than 1 day you get depressed and ****ed at yourself. Very interesting thing.

Well I'm off work in a bit then off to bed. Tonight I actually help at a men's shelter from 3-7 in the morning, then a full day at work, ugh... I always hate those days. Keep telling myself it's all for the better good....

Spooky

Comment

Enjoy your disposable time and income. For me, a married guy, with a mortgage, and a pregnant wife, I no longer have any disposable anything. I guess that is how I justify my extra 30 pounds. ;p
                        Last edited by rolt; 11-08-2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Enjoy your disposable time and income. For me, a married guy, with a mortgage, and a pregnant wife, I no longer have a disposable anything. I guess that is how I justify my extra 30 pounds. ;p
                          Look at it this way - you'll have plenty of disposable diapers soon enough!
                          There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Enjoy your disposable time and income. For me, a married guy, with a mortgage, and a pregnant wife, I no longer have any disposable anything. I guess that is how I justify my extra 30 pounds. ;p
                            Congrats Rolt.. When is that baby due?

Comment

I wish I was posting a new thread under different pre-texts then this. Now, this news that I have is from personal contacts in the CPD through word of mouth. I'm sure by now we know about the budget problems befalling the CPD. Apparently on WGN they touched on this today and I received a phone call just moments ago from my father (CPD 31yrs), who's a retired Seargent. His contact in the personnel department said that it looks like now they won't be running another class until December '08. I asked him how sure this was, and he said it came straight from a person that was probably there for all of the in processing of the June 06 testers. I hate to be the one to relay this and sincerely hope it is false. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll still be running classes, but hate to say that I feel that it may not be until this time next year.

Spooky

December 2008?

CPD typically doesn't run academies in December.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5154 users online. 289 members and 4865 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X