300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kane County Hiring Again?

I noticed the hiring announcement on TheBlueLine for Kane County and was wondering if this was for road deputy or Corrections? Seems like a Deputy position...

At any rate, anyone have any thoughts on this agency? Good....bad...or ugly?

It states in the ad on theblueline.com that the positin is NOT for corrections...

I have hap 3 friends work there...and got out as soon as they could. Not sure if things are better under the new Sheriff...

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss View Post
      It states in the ad on theblueline.com that the positin is NOT for corrections...

I have hap 3 friends work there...and got out as soon as they could. Not sure if things are better under the new Sheriff...
      Don't know how I missed that...lol.

So three friends got out quick? That's not good....although I've always wondered what makes officers leave a dept. I know there are individual reasons, but when a few or group of officers all talk of a place being 'bad' what are they usually referring to? I would imagine it's either pay, equipment, or the "brass". In some cases I've heard of decisions affecting officer safety but I guess that would fall under "brass".

Comment

I already had my oral interview for the corrections position. I didn't realize they are testing for patrol. Looks like I will have to grab an application for patrol too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott32 View Post
          I already had my oral interview for the corrections position. I didn't realize they are testing for patrol. Looks like I will have to grab an application for patrol too.

Is there an agency in IL you HAVEN'T tested for? :0)

Comment

Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
            Is there an agency in IL you HAVEN'T tested for? :0)
            LOL I was wondering that too, dude...! Just look at all your posts, they all start with "Anyone testing for....."

But good luck, you'll find somewhere...

Comment

Scott must've spent hundreds of $$$ on the apps!

Comment

I'm currently in the Background phase for CO at Kane. And I took a tour of teh jail and spoke to both CO's and Patrol. With the growth of Kane Co. and the growth of gangs, they are puttng a lot of money and effort into the area. And it seems most I spoke to like the current changes with the Sheriff.

So..for what its worth.

Comment

Crap, I don't qualify to apply with them. My corrected vision is only 30/20 and not the 20/20 they require.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC0341 View Post
                    I'm currently in the Background phase for CO at Kane. And I took a tour of teh jail and spoke to both CO's and Patrol. With the growth of Kane Co. and the growth of gangs, they are puttng a lot of money and effort into the area. And it seems most I spoke to like the current changes with the Sheriff.

So..for what its worth.
                    Damn I haven't even been contacted for an interview with the sheriff yet. Hopefully my turn will be comming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                      Scott must've spent hundreds of $$$ on the apps!
                      Its starting to look like that. Including application fee's, college transcripts from two different schools, gas money, days off from work for oral interviews it certainly not getting cheaper, especially going to be driving to decatur and peoria testing. Hopefully sooner or later I will finally get the chance.

Comment

Damn I haven't even been contacted for an interview with the sheriff yet. Hopefully my turn will be comming soon.
                        Scott32

What I heard from the background investigator, was that they are going to hire 30 now. 15 for Dec 10th and 15 for Jan. 21st. Then another 5 in June. Psych tests looks to be this month 16th or 29th, so your turn should be coming.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC0341 View Post
                          Scott32

What I heard from the background investigator, was that they are going to hire 30 now. 15 for Dec 10th and 15 for Jan. 21st. Then another 5 in June. Psych tests looks to be this month 16th or 29th, so your turn should be coming.
                          Thanks for the information. I went to pick up an application for Kane county patrol on Friday and I was told by the secretary who was handing out the applications that final score's are being mailed out on that Friday. Did you even get your total score mailed to you before you started the background process? My interview was on Oct. 29 and they had one more set of interviews on Nov 4. I hope its not bad news thats being mailed to me. I felt I did a really good job on my oral interview.

Scott

Comment

Thanks for the information. I went to pick up an application for Kane county patrol on Friday and I was told by the secretary who was handing out the applications that final score's are being mailed out on that Friday. Did you even get your total score mailed to you before you started the background process? My interview was on Oct. 29 and they had one more set of interviews on Nov 4. I hope its not bad news thats being mailed to me. I felt I did a really good job on my oral interview.

Scott

I never seen my score total. But like I said, I did my oral interview on the first day they were doing them. The last day was the 31st. So it might not be bad news. I don't know what picked the order of everything.
                            Good luck!

Comment

I am testing for kane county the patrol division. Does anyone know how I can pratice for the test. I am all ready a certified officer but I took the test for corrections a few years back and failed it. any suggestions????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8292 users online. 356 members and 7936 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X