300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traffic question

Friend got pulled over in August.. speeding I guess..

Then she got pulled over today speeding.. 15 over I think.

anyways.. the cop gave her her license back.. no court.

Second one in 3 months.. what's going to happen? This happened to me and I was suspended. No class or anything.

anything?

If she didn't get a ticket, she got a pass...

Comment

2 convictions in a 24 month period (not supervisions) will suspend you if you are under 21.
      3 convictions in a 12 month period will suspend you if you are over 21.
      no court date, sounds like no ticket

Comment

she said she got a ticket.. but she got her license back.

She is over 21.. but when mine was suspended for 2 in 3 months I was under 21..

I would imagine insurance goes up!

Comment

Then she posted a bond card or cash bond..

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I have no idea what the heck she did..

She's a big girl.. haha.

Appreciate it guys!

Comment

I got two speeding tickets in 6 months

1. going 95 in a 65 April 2007 Williams County
              2. going 83 in a 65 September 2007 Champaign County

The trooper told me if i get another one by Aprill I will have my license suspended for 90 days! I now go the speed limit!
              Last edited by SmileyJ; 11-03-2007, 09:05 PM.

Comment

She was given an IBond. She probably had to sign the ticket agreeing that she will either cover the ticket by paying the fine or going to court. My department is very liberal on how we bond our tickets. The only requirement is that we some how make bond for the ticket. I prefer to I Bond because my squad ate a license or 2 that I took for bond (only to be found days later). The offender gets to keep his/her liscence. Now days a lot of people need the license for several other things. Plus I don't come off as such an #sshole.
                My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

She also could have been issued a local ordinance citation, which is not reported to the Secretary of State and is punishable by fine only. Many municipalities enacted ordinances allowing their officers the discretion to write moving violations on either a standard state citation or a village ordinance ticket. In the latter, the officer would not take bond.
                  Last edited by LawDog99; 11-04-2007, 11:30 AM.

Comment

No. She told me it was the ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by robert2006 View Post
                      She was given an IBond. She probably had to sign the ticket agreeing that she will either cover the ticket by paying the fine or going to court. My department is very liberal on how we bond our tickets. The only requirement is that we some how make bond for the ticket. I prefer to I Bond because my squad ate a license or 2 that I took for bond (only to be found days later). The offender gets to keep his/her liscence. Now days a lot of people need the license for several other things. Plus I don't come off as such an #sshole.
                      I would love to be able to I-Bond. It's either cash, credit, bond card or license. Otherwise the van comes and gets you and you go to the station to booking. All department policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyes View Post
                        No. She told me it was the ISP.
                        If she got the ticket she either posted her DL, bond card, $75 cash, or was given an NTA or IBond. Most likely NTA or IBond.
                        Whether her license will be suspended for 2 speeding tickets depends on how fast the other speed conviction was for. If the operator accumulates 70 pts or more in a year then a suspension is imposed. 15-25 mph over the limit is 20 pts. However, 25+ mph over is 50 pts. So a ticket for 95 mph and one for 85 mph will total 70 pts.
                        http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/pu...dsd_dc1913.pdf
                        183 FBINA

Comment

Isnt the ticket the NTA???

When I was a cop in Arkansas, we could write for city ord or state statue. If the person was cool with me and know they did wrong and depending on how I felt I would write a written warning. If they were actually needing a ticket for the violation, something serious I wanted them to learn from but not screw them over, I would do a city ord, that will not go on their record, or their insurance. Now if they were an A-hole then they would get state statue.

Now I have NO CLUE what an IBond is. We wrote the ticket and gave them their DL and everything back. We did not take licenses or stuff like that unless they were suspended, etc.

The had to pay their ticket by the NTA date and 1-Not show up for court and they would lose the ability to fight the ticket and get their bond/fine back, or 2-Not pay and show up for court to fight it, if they won they did not have to pay, if they lost, they had to pay the court there.

We could not take money on the side of the road or anything like that. It was just sign the ticket, promising to appear, or go to jail for not honor your promise and pretty much contempting the court by refusing to sign.

When I lived in California it was the same way. But I have family in LE in Montana and told me the state troopers there, will let you bond with them and they will give you a receipt and everything right then and there. Mostly because it will take a day to drive to the nearest courthouse

What is a bond card? and IBond? What does it mean to post your license? I am guessing it is where you surrender your license as your promise to appear and you can get it back when you pay the fine??

Is a bond card pretty much like a bond credit card? But who would actually need one of those unless you always in and our of jail? Like frequent flier miles?

Sorry for the questions, just curious after reading that.

Comment

Not in IL. A violator does not have to appear except for only certain violations. Speeding less than over can be handled by mail.

When I was a cop in Arkansas, we could write for city ord or state statue.
                            Some cities in IL with home rule have passed city ordinances. The reason they do so is they get the entire fine money then. The violation does not go on the violator's record with a city ordinance.

Now I have NO CLUE what an IBond is.
                            Individual bond. On the face and to the violator it looks to be the same. Sign their name and they're on their way.

What is a bond card?
                            It's a card issued by insurance companies, AAA, etc. Those companies have paid a bond to the state to become a bonding representative in the state. The amount is only good for a certain dollar amount which covers the minor traffic violations. Not good for things like DUI, suspended, etc. What it does is that company promises you will take care of the citation. If you don't then the company is on the hook for the fine. Then the company will come after you for the fine.

The bonding procedure for IL is established by the IL Supreme Court. The LEO does not have a choice in how bond is or is not taken. Procuredures have to be followed by their guidelines which are ILSC Rule 553.
                            183 FBINA

Comment

Originally posted by ISPCAPT View Post
                              Not in IL. A violator does not have to appear except for only certain violations. Speeding less than over can be handled by mail.

It was the same way in CA and AR, the date on the ticket is the NTA, but they have the right to pay the fine, which is the bond, before the court date, in person or by mail. They can also, after paying the fine, show up on the court date and plead their case, if they win, the court will award a refund of their fine/bond, less court costs, etc.

When I was a cop in Arkansas, we could write for city ord or state statue.
                              Some cities in IL with home rule have passed city ordinances. The reason they do so is they get the entire fine money then. The violation does not go on the violator's record with a city ordinance.

Same for the city I worked for. We tried to write the city ord tickets the most because it will keep it off the state stats, which will keep the town off of the radar for "speed traps". The town also got most the monies, but it was divided between all of the city, so we only seen maybe 50 cents out of a 250 dollar ticket. It was just up to us, and how cooperative the violator was that if we wanted to make it go on their record.

Now I have NO CLUE what an IBond is.
                              Individual bond. On the face and to the violator it looks to be the same. Sign their name and they're on their way.

Ok so prety much just as long as they sing their promise to "appear" (or pay the fine) they are free to go. If not, then they get a ride to the station.

What is a bond card?
                              It's a card issued by insurance companies, AAA, etc. Those companies have paid a bond to the state to become a bonding representative in the state. The amount is only good for a certain dollar amount which covers the minor traffic violations. Not good for things like DUI, suspended, etc. What it does is that company promises you will take care of the citation. If you don't then the company is on the hook for the fine. Then the company will come after you for the fine.

Ok, never heard of that before. Kinda neat, but at the same time weird. With as many FTAs and everything out there, I would not put my neck out for someone in the hopes they will remember to pay it. I would be you got the ticket, you take care of it. If they skip out on it, who gets the FTA? The company or the violator, or does the company pay it no matter what, and then they will attempt restitution civilly?

The bonding procedure for IL is established by the IL Supreme Court. The LEO does not have a choice in how bond is or is not taken. Procedures have to be followed by their guidelines which are ILSC Rule 553.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12259 users online. 547 members and 11712 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X