300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayor Daley's proposal

Anyone know if the mayor's proposal of hiring police officers will affect February or June testers that are scheduled for medical interviews and pysh tests?

I'd figure it would help push those going through the process a bit faster than perhaps normally.

Comment

Here is what the Tribune says:

The cost-cutting steps include eliminating an unspecified number of currently unfilled jobs, delaying expansion of the city recycling program and putting off hiring some police officers. Johnson said he couldn't give a figure for how much those measures would save because details are being hashed out.

I am just wondering if that is for the February and later testers of 2006.

Comment

I am sure it would affect the Feb and June testers since...We will be hired in 2008! The issue is regarding the 2008 Budget! I don't think talks about the budget will affect our medical and psych dates!

Comment

it is my understanding that those 50 extra police would be 50 police added onto what he current full staffing of the cpd is right now. and i would feel safe saying that the cpd is not at full staffing right now, so i dont think him putting that on hold will effect us at all. They might just not have enough canidates passing all the test to get that high a number any time soon.

Comment

I asked one of the guys administering the drug test portion of the process today about this. He said that these sorts of things CAN affect the recruiting section. The number of people that get letters to report for POWER tests or other stages gets smaller for any given test, thus lengthening the amount of time it takes any one applicant to make it all the way through the process. He didn't say this WOULD happen, only that it COULD.

Comment

I would think that it's very bad politics to delay hiring of police officers in Chicago.

Comment

I agree, definitely bad politics, but one thing Ive learned since moving here last September is that that is rarely an obstacle. And I doubt it would make any headlines anyway. And if it did, they would be typically biased against the police: "THANK GOD. FEWER COPS." - Sun Times.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9640 users online. 494 members and 9146 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X