Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tecumseh
    replied
    Just scan your DL and print out a copy. CUt out your picture and mail it in. Thats what I did for my renewal.

Leave a comment:

• ISPCAPT
    replied
    Originally posted by Strummer View Post
    Does it actually state anywhere in Illinois law that Illinois residents need a FOID card to "fondle" any firearms in any gun store?
    The statute says a person must have a FOID to possess a firearm. Based on a court ruling and AG interpretation which said if a person has a gun in their hands then that constitutes possession.

Leave a comment:

• Strummer
    replied
    Does it actually state anywhere in Illinois law that Illinois residents need a FOID card to "fondle" any firearms in any gun store?

Leave a comment:

• ISPCAPT
    replied
    Originally posted by bowers72 View Post
    Question one, since I am from out of state, do I need a FOID card to fondle the weaponry? Question two, if I need a FOID card, what is the procedure for an out of stater to get one?
    Non-residents do not need nor can they obtain a FOID. FOID only applies to and can be issued to IL residents.
    Whether Bass Pro will allow you to "fondle" a firearm without a FOID is their call. Bass Pro employees are like a lot of chain store employees, they are told no one without a FOID can handle a firearm. However, they aren't up on the law and do only what they're told by their employer.

Leave a comment:

• bowers72
    replied
    Question

As long as all of you Illinoians are here let me ask you a couple quick questions. About once a year, some friends and I take a guys weekend and go somewhere. Sometimes that somewhere is to Bass Pro Shop in Illinois. Question one, since I am from out of state, do I need a FOID card to fondle the weaponry? Question two, if I need a FOID card, what is the procedure for an out of stater to get one?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• rolt
    replied
    I got mine at a local Walgreens and just manually cut it down to the size needed.

Leave a comment:

• kcsd823
    replied
    Try a sporting goods/gun dealer, they should be able to help you. Like stated before, all they want to do is compare it with your DL to verify that it is you.

Leave a comment:

• A1CSpooky
    replied
    Hey,

If you're anywhere near Midway airport, I can do it for you. I work for ATA Airlines and I have a camera here and a photo printer, can do it today and print it out ten seconds later.

Spooky

Leave a comment:

• ParkCop 23
    replied
    I did a walgreens and just had her adjust the size in her computer.... they can make any size doesnt have to be the standard passport size.

Leave a comment:

• chicago_ep
    replied
    Thanks, I just called Illinois state department for FOID and they said the same thing, to cut out a piece that matches size they ask for. All they want to do is compare what they have on file with your drivers license. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• SeVere
    replied
    Originally posted by chicago_ep View Post
    Does anyone know where to get a picture for an FOID? Walgreens, CVS, etc... only carry 2x2 and the size needed is 1 1/4 x 1 1/2
    take a picture yourself with a digital camera and edit it on your computer.

Leave a comment:

• chicago_ep
    started a topic FOID picture

FOID picture

Does anyone know where to get a picture for an FOID? Walgreens, CVS, etc... only carry 2x2 and the size needed is 1 1/4 x 1 1/2

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5333 users online. 307 members and 5026 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X