300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwestern university oral interview

Hello everyone I have my oral interview with northwestern university police dept. tomorrow morning. anyone know any info on the dept. I had a pretty good over the phone interview with the LT. seemed really nice and said he liked what he saw as far as my background and skills ill keep you all updated!

Worked there many, many moons ago, when it was called Public Safety. They are Police under the private university act. Don't know if they allow their people to carry O/D, back when they couldn't. But back then the guys on Evenston campus were Evanston Special Police (they only ones that were in Evanston) and the Chicago Campus were Chicago Special Police. Ones on the Evanston Campus do more "Police type duties" than on Chicago campus, which is pretty quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by army685 View Post
      Hello everyone I have my oral interview with northwestern university police dept. tomorrow morning. anyone know any info on the dept. I had a pretty good over the phone interview with the LT. seemed really nice and said he liked what he saw as far as my background and skills ill keep you all updated!
      Had a friend who worked/works(?) for them about 4 years ago. We haven't been in touch in years. He liked it, kept busy, especially when the "$hitheads" came back to school in the fall.

I believe he started doing UC work last time we spoke so I don't know if he had transferred...

RyBaK477

Comment

Thanks for the input my interview is today ill let you know how it goes. Thanks

Comment

How was your interview army685? Were you invited back for the physical agility test this Saturday?

Comment

Yes I was invited this Sat. and the interview went great told me alot of useful information, was treated very good seems like a relaxed department but a great place to work. I am looking foward to the hiring process! Good luck to you Mr. Tiger I will see you on Sat.

Comment

Power test tomorrow morning wish me luck guys! Ill keep you posted!

Comment

Hate to dig up an old thread, but just wanted to hear any comments on this place. I've received some negative feedback from some PO's, but didn't want that to stop me from applying...

Comment

Originally posted by Challenger_SRT-8 View Post
                  Hate to dig up an old thread, but just wanted to hear any comments on this place. I've received some negative feedback from some PO's, but didn't want that to stop me from applying...
                  First PD I tested with and it was in 2007 as well if not late 06. I'm still waiting for the call they promised me in two weeks. I made it to oral interviews and never heard from them again! From what I hear, their stance is let Evanston take care of as much of their policing as possible so Northwestern problems are actually disguised as Evanston issues, not university concerns. Private schools often want police just in case they need an immediate response but short of that, they'd rather kick the crime over to the municipality instead of take it as their own. Wouldn't want to scare away prospective students.

Comment

Saw a few of their community service officers become police officers there. Not sure if thats how they recruit and send their own to the academy. They prefer certified from their posting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6383 users online. 262 members and 6121 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X