X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1CSpooky
    replied
    Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
    I hear u guys, and ur in the right mind frame and if you keep that way, you'll succeed in the academy, but there are going to be people in your class doing this job for the paycheck and benefits that just dont get it....and will come in and bitch about having to park 5 blocks away and lug a gym bag, a school bag, range bag and duty gear in the ice and snow in their coriframe shoes. Just the reality of the situation, anyone who is in the academy right now on this sight will agree, every class has their babies and whinners...one thing to keep in mind about the delay is that it is the end of the year...many of the instructors are taking their furloughs before the year ends around the holidays....I know whats it's like to have a lot riding on this job, I have a wife, kids, mortgage, the whole nine yards, it's stressful, I've spent over 3,000 dollars so far with another 1,500 to go at least......try to be patient. Live in the gym, it will only help you. Think of it this way, YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN THE ACADEMY, the stress of "Did I pass my medical, background and the dreaded psych tests" is OVER, just wait for the letter, it will COME!

I'll tell ya Grunt,

When you said "gym bag, school bag, range bag, and duty gear" all in the same sentence I think my eyes got an erection.

Spooky

Leave a comment:

• 0311Grunt
    replied
    Originally posted by USAFAlex View Post
    Hey Grunt,

I think a lot us have important things riding on this job, and I don't think parking and little bit of snow is going to stop us. I think a lot of us who are patiently waiting would run in blizzard if that's what it takes. As for the parking, I park 5 blocks away from my house every day, but thats what you get when you live in chicago. Of course, if we have to wait until next year so be it.

Hope to see you soon! Wear some long underwear for your next power!
    Last edited by 0311Grunt; 01-05-2008, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• A1CSpooky
    replied
    Originally posted by USAFAlex View Post
    Hey Grunt,

I think a lot us have important things riding on this job, and I don't think parking and little bit of snow is going to stop us. I think a lot of us who are patiently waiting would run in blizzard if that's what it takes. As for the parking, I park 5 blocks away from my house every day, but thats what you get when you live in chicago. Of course, if we have to wait until next year so be it.

You got that right zoomie!

It definitely won't be like runnin the PFT during BMT at Lackland. But then again everything is different in the nation of Texas.

When you want something that bad you suck it up and deal with the cold for the 8-13 minutes it takes you to run a mile and a half. Train like you fight! You think that perp is gonna slow down just because it's 20 degrees outside?

Spooky

Leave a comment:

• lboggie26
    replied
    I took the power test yesterday at the academy, and it was cold yesterday so taking the test in the winter is not going to be any fun! Word is the next academy class wont be til Dec! Hope thats true so my group can be off the heat!

Leave a comment:

• USAFAlex
    replied
    Hey Grunt,

Leave a comment:

• 0311Grunt
    replied
    The first academy of 07 started in April...I know u all want to start right now, but trust me, u dont want to start in Dec-Jan-Feb...Due to the weather, there is only so much u can do outside, parking is very limited due to the fact that the entire area surronding the academy is no parking if there is 2 inches of snow...the POWER test is outside, u dont want to take your 1st POWER test in Jan when it is 10 degrees...I know its hard to do, but just stay patient.

Leave a comment:

• Chicago30
    replied
    Will we be notified that we passed the background before January?

Leave a comment:

• tlaw
    replied
    Yeah, that's what I heard from two current CPD officers. They told me that after processing we should expect to be in a Jan or Feb class.

Leave a comment:

• ChiCitySW
    replied
    Man that sucks. My current job is killing me slowly! Two years of excitement hoping I would get to start mixed with extreme disappointment when I found out I wouldn't get to.

Leave a comment:

• Illinois Edmond
    replied
    Are they still going to process people through in November and December even though there isn't going to be an academy?

Leave a comment:

• USAFAlex
    replied
    I called personnel today and they forwarded me to someone in investigations who told me that there isn't going to be a Nov. academy. Probably won't be one until next year.

Leave a comment:

• Chicago30
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiCitySW View Post
    No one's gotten anything yet? I figured they would be here by now.

I have not received anything either.

Leave a comment:

• ChiCitySW
    replied
    No one's gotten anything yet? I figured they would be here by now.

Leave a comment:

• 0311Grunt
    replied
    If there is a Nov class, the Power test would be either the first or second weekend in Nov, they normally will give you 14-10 days notice, so if there is a Nov class, you should get something next week. Start day would be the last week of the month, so maybe the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Leave a comment:

• ZZFSU
    replied
    I'm in the same boat as you and wondering the same thing.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6637 users online. 300 members and 6337 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X