300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolt
    And when I am speaking to these people in person.. I immediately think, "because you look like a piece of ________ gang banger and or drive a car in a manner like they do or that looks like one of the ones they favor.
    I've never outright called an officer "wrong" or felt any animosity towards them. They[you] do what you are trained to do & what experience over time has led you to believe, and there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes what you see isn't necessarily what you get. Nowadays, everyone dresses like a "gang banger"...it seems.

ParkCop 23, thanks for the feedback, more stupid questions on the way. But on a serious note, the point of this thread was can Tac Units pull you over for traffic violation...never once did I directly ask why I got pulled over in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Area3Citizen View Post
      I've never outright called an officer "wrong" or felt any animosity towards them. They[you] do what you are trained to do & what experience over time has led you to believe, and there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes what you see isn't necessarily what you get. Nowadays, everyone dresses like a "gang banger"...it seems.
      I am not referring to fellow officers. And as for everyone looking that way.. well then you reap what you sow.

Comment

citizen,

ok... my bad, but yes they are the police! They can pull you over.... Chicago coppers driving the paddy wagons can pull you over, police on bikes can pull you over, police on horses can pull you over. (ive seen all three) if they are the police and acting in an official duty they can pull you over! Doesnt matter what unit they are assigned to or the violation.
        Who you calling twig pigs? we prefer tree police thank you!

Comment

Spotting a tac officer is easy...they have their vest on, minus the star and name plate, with cuffs hanging out of the front pocket, a toothpick in their mouth, and travel in large packs...can I get an event # for a wolfpack mission?

Comment

Originally posted by ts622 View Post
            Spotting a tac officer is easy...they have their vest on, minus the star and name plate, with cuffs hanging out of the front pocket, a toothpick in their mouth, and travel in large packs...can I get an event # for a wolfpack mission?
            You forgot backwards baseball cap!
            www.saveavet.org

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
              You forgot backwards baseball cap!
              and three day unshaven stumble.

Comment

Originally posted by dogcop View Post
                God I LOVE that attitude It amazes me the number of people that have NO clue on how being the Police works. Yeah, let's put you in "Gangs" when you haven't even written one parking ticket before Yeah, the Tac Officer with NO, ZERO, NADA Patrol work will really have a clue. Am I ranting, hell yes I am. Wish some guys would stop watching TV and start learning what real life is about. You will be NOTHING but a beat cop once you get out (which is something to be VERY proud of). No Tac, no Gangs, no running around in plainclothes driving a "cool" unmarked car, no CSI crap, no SWAT, no K-9, no coumputer crimes, no 'deep cover', NOTHING. You will be out there, IF your FTO's and Dept. even DEEM you as worthy to wear the Badge after the Academy and be on your own in a squad. Then you will push a squad through your beat, take your fair share of crap calls, boring nights and moments of insanity. You will write your movers, parkers and make boring Retail Theft arrests and hopefully make some good pinches alongthe way. Maybe, just maybe, if years down the road you show you are worth a damn and are in the right place at the right time, MAYBE you will make it in a "specialized" unit.

Rant off
                Not even a beat cop. You should have to EARN that as well. Can you say RELIEF OFFICER?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9481 users online. 374 members and 9107 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X