300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreement CPD

Does anybody know if there is a new agreement for the Fraternal order of Police Lodge (Chicago Police Dept.)? Here is a link to the old one:
    http://www.chicagofop.org/Contract/Contract_03-07.pdf
    and this agreement expired June 30, 2007. Did this contract get extended?
    Last edited by chicago_ep; 09-28-2007, 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling incorrect

Originally posted by chicago_ep View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a new agreement for the Fraternal order of Police Lodge (Chicago Police Dept.)? Here is a link to the old one:
    http://www.chicagofop.org/Contract/Contract_03-07.pdf
    and this agreement expired June 30, 2007. Did this contract get extended?
    Nope. We are still in negotiation. Should take a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
      Nope. We are still in negotiation. Should take a couple of years.
      SeVere,

i've heard that one benefit on the table is the tuition reimbursement. Are you able to confirm in anyway? Able to confirm any thing on the table?

thanks,
      RyBaK477

Comment

Originally posted by RyBaK477 View Post
        SeVere,

i've heard that one benefit on the table is the tuition reimbursement. Are you able to confirm in anyway? Able to confirm any thing on the table?

thanks,
        RyBaK477
        I haven't heard much about the negotiations.

Comment

Theyre talking about furthering the limitations on when it is applicable and how much will be taken care of. From what I've heard, it should still be alright for patrolmen for awhile, but they say it won't be here forever.

Comment

Considering that there is no contract and it will take months or years fro the new one, does this mean that you go by the one that expired (link on top of thread) until a new one comes along?

Comment

Originally posted by chicago_ep View Post
              Considering that there is no contract and it will take months or years fro the new one, does this mean that you go by the one that expired (link on top of thread) until a new one comes along?
              Yes.

Comment

Probationary Period

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but Appendix P in the contract says when you're in the probationary period you get no benefits, rights, privileges. After 12 months you get them. Then you still have 6 months to go to complete the probationary period. This is crazy, no insurance or anything for the first year??

Comment

How important is tuition reimbursement to you guys?

To me, it's important because I'd like to go back and get a Masters degree. There is no way I can reasonably afford to pay for grad school while I'm still paying off my undergrad.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesDean View Post
                    I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but Appendix P in the contract says when you're in the probationary period you get no benefits, rights, privileges. After 12 months you get them. Then you still have 6 months to go to complete the probationary period. This is crazy, no insurance or anything for the first year??
                    You get basic medical coverage but eye, dental, and all that fun stuff doesnt kick in until after your year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10874 users online. 468 members and 10406 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X