300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth Testing Again?

I tested for a department last year and was ranked very high on the eligibility list. After submiting my paper work for the background investigation I waited almost 4 weeks before being told "no thanks".

Is it worth testing for this department again or should I just scratch that one off an look else where?

Thanks for any advise!

Did they tell you why you failed the Background Investigation?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRuckuss View Post
      Did they tell you why you failed the Background Investigation?
      They never told me why I did not pass the BI. All I got was a letter in the mail stating that I was not proper material for such and such department. From others that I have spoken with, this department is not that great. It does however offer a chance to get the feet wet before moving on!

The BI investigator never returned any calls or emails. In their letter to my references they stated to call with any questions or concerns. One of my references (who is a Master Instructor for the NRA and one of the top 25 NRA instructors in the country) called and left numerous voice mails, they never returned one call.

Does not seem like a good department to work for, I think it just P*SSES me off on how they acted. I want to get in for spite now.

Comment

Don't give up man! If this is something you really want to do...whats the harm in applying to a few other departments?

Comment

That is kind of what I was thinking. I just don't know if this is THE job for me. From the few people that I have spoken with, once someone begins this job, they tend to like it, so we will see.

The only issue I have is that I can not go to an academy class until after the first of the year.....................................

It's almost archery season.....

Comment

Go for it...

Odds are that no matter what department you go for, start to finish takes 6 months to 2 years.....I think you'll be safe for after the New Year

Comment

I think I may. Now the question is for which department. I see that two are testing on the same day!

Comment

Originally posted by PGA07 View Post
                Is it worth testing for this department again or should I just scratch that one off an look else where? ... Does not seem like a good department to work for....
                You answered your own question. The law enforcement community is a small world, and the reputation you build for yourself at your first department will follow you throughout your career. Don't start off on the wrong foot working at a department for spite.
                Last edited by LawDog99; 09-27-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12064 users online. 461 members and 11603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X