300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from Central Illinois Officers

I am asking for help from East Central Illinois Officers. I need a LE job in this area. I am concerned with the general area of Effingham to the South, Champaign to the north, Shelbyville to the West and Coles County to the East. I am only concerned with Full Time employment.
    I am #1 on Charleston PD Experienced Officer list. Submitted an application for Effingham. Interviewed for Arthur PD, Sullivan PD, Coles County SO, Cumberland County SO, Champaign County SO, and some others.
    I missed Mattoon and Mohomet and Uof I due to work conflicts. Are there any other Depts I should try?
    I have been in LE for 5 years. Have a clean record and good refrences. I am only moving due to a recent engagement. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Police Officer
    Full Time
    The Gibson City Police Department is now accepting applications for full time police officer. A certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board is preferred but not required. Starting pay is based on experience. Testing times will be announced at a later date. The Gibson Police Dept. offers competitive benefits plan including IMRF and 4-10hr workdays. Applications may be picked up at Gibson City Police Department, 109 E. 8th St. Gibson City, IL 60936 EOE or call 217-784-8666. Applications due by noon on Oct 8th 2007.

Located 20 minutes North of Champaign/Urbana. 7 Fulltime officers, 2 part-time officers. IMRF Benefits, Lateral transfer possibly with experience. Work schedule is 4-10hr work days with days off being either Sun/Mon/Tues or Thur/Fri/Sat. FOP represents officers.

Send any questions my way.

Comment

Dont forget about ISP. I dont think there are any classes scheduled for the spring yet but may be if they get their ducks in a row. Apply on line with PIC card, then test and wait. They dont do the fast track for certified officers anymore so you have to attend the full 26 week academy in Springfield. I left my family for 6 months and it killed me but it is worth it in the end. Ive worked the road for almost a year and a half now and I love it. The staring pay has changed but I think its about 36-37k while at the academy with some ot. Upon graduation and going to your district, pay jumps to around 47-48k. Good benefits with insurance, retirement, deferred comp, etc... Place high enough in your cadet class and youll probably get to some back to e central IL. If not, 6 months in your assigned district and transfer out. Im in district 12, Effingham, sound like you would probably want dist 10 out of Pesotum. Anyway, worth a shot and its worth it. Good luck!

Dist 12 Troop

Comment

Lpd5408,

Did you get my message?

Gcpd126

Comment

Still looking. Thanks to those who have emailed or PMed, but I still need some help if you have any info.

Comment

Might check with Decatur PD. I seem to recall seeing a recent announcement from them.
            Also might give Mt Zion PD a call. One of their guys was just arrested for stealing gas from the city pumps.
            Last edited by ISPCAPT; 11-10-2007, 07:23 AM.
            183 FBINA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6141 users online. 235 members and 5906 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X