300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock Question

Is anyone familiar with the "C" series from Glock. They have some sort of compensator built in for better accuracy during rapid fire....

Just curious to see if anyone knows anything about them...and has feelings either way towards them (good or bad)?

Thanks!
    Last edited by BigRuckuss; 09-14-2007, 02:43 PM.

Originally posted by BigRuckuss View Post
    Is anyone familiar with the new "C" series from Glock. They have some sort of compensator built in for better accuracy during rapid fire....

Just curious to see if anyone knows anything about them...and has feelings either way towards them (good or bad)?
    Not a new concept; Glock has used compensated barrels for several years. IMHO, they are for posers. If you shoot at night, the flame shooting out the top is cool looking. As for actually 'compensating', hardly.
    If you have night sights and shoot much, they will foul the (hard to clean) ampules.
    If you want to look like the Terminator, go for it.
    “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

I believe that if you're shooting at night, with your sight adjusted to night vision, the flash can temporarily blind you. I would not carry one.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
        I believe that if you're shooting at night, with your sight adjusted to night vision, the flash can temporarily blind you. I would not carry one.
        Yeah, I left that out, but it is a very good point.
        “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

I have a 21C and have never had any issues with the night firing
          theres a decent flash but i was trained to be looking at my front sight, never had a problem with reacquisition.
          I'm not so sure it does much on the recoil.
          I bought this when i was new and knew nothing about guns, but have not had any issues with it.
          It does get very dirty though, which is why i want to replace it with a 21 or find out if the barrel can be changed to a normal 21.

Comment

Aside from the comments stated above, I've also been advised that the Comp'd models can cause severe burns and can discharge gases/fumes/particles into ones face/eyes during certain close-quarters weapons manipulations and retention shootings.
            Last edited by Dog Off Leash; 09-16-2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Compensators slow down the velocity of the bullet and the release of gases dirty up your front sights

Comment

The "too much flash and will blind you at night" and "the hot gases will burn you" responses are from those who have never shot a C model at night.
                The purpose of the slots in the barrel is to reduce muzzle rise. It's a concept that's been around a lot of years. Glock was not the first to come up with the slots. Magnaporting has been done for years before the first Glock was ever thought of.
                183 FBINA

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy View Post
                  Compensators slow down the velocity of the bullet and the release of gases dirty up your front sights

I would agree that it slows down the velocity, however, if my memory serves me correctly it's less than 1%. It used to be on the glock website but i cant find it now.
                  My front site is pretty clean i'd have to say.
                  The inside is another story

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7212 users online. 310 members and 6902 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X