300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dept. Equipment Issues

I work for a "major"? (pop. apprx. 30,000) suburban dept. & we probably have the worst equipment anywhere, squad cars are missing CAGES, no radar guns, no computers, cars are barely running due to age & poor maintenance, (I dont think we have a squad where all the lights & the siren are actually operational) my personal radio barely works I have to use the mic in the squad....that actually works! Is there anything that can be done about this or do we have to just deal with it until moving on to someplace better? Everyday on the way to work you're wondering if ANY of the cars are actually going to be up. Are there any other agencies with this situation?

I'd leave. Do you have a union?

Comment

Name the burb.

Comment

I work for a major burb where i must admit we are blessed...we have an awesome pd, squads, equipment, etc...new cars all the time, matter of fact my new black and white will be in monday...ok, sorry.. Well, that definately is a problem especially if it involves officer safety. What burb do you work for? If i were you, i'd start testing elseware..looking at your name you are probably a probationary officer if thats what the ppo stands 4....wait until you clear your probation than high tail it..

Comment

Cages in squads are overrated. If you work in a dept that humps then you can use one. Otherwise there is no point to it when you transport one to five detainees a week. I had my dept's garage remove my cage. I did for comfort and visibility issues. If I get an adam henry I will call for someone who has one.
          My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5203 users online. 188 members and 5015 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X