300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Headquarters

Hello all... those of us in the next CPD Academy class have to go to Headquarters this Tuesday to complete the required paperwork. My question is, just how bad is the parking over there and what might my best bet be? (get there early, park a few blocks away, etc.) I'm coming from the Southside (Mt. Greenwood area) Any info anyone can give me would be great! By the way, there were a TON of people that failed this POWER. At least 13 but I think it was even more. They were telling us how pathetic the results were, apparently many that passed just barely passed. I thank my lucky stars that I did well and got through the run with more than a minute to spare and not just a few seconds.

Originally posted by eiugrad04 View Post
    Hello all... those of us in the next CPD Academy class have to go to Headquarters this Tuesday to complete the required paperwork. My question is, just how bad is the parking over there and what might my best bet be? (get there early, park a few blocks away, etc.) I'm coming from the Southside (Mt. Greenwood area) Any info anyone can give me would be great! By the way, there were a TON of people that failed this POWER. At least 13 but I think it was even more. They were telling us how pathetic the results were, apparently many that passed just barely passed. I thank my lucky stars that I did well and got through the run with more than a minute to spare and not just a few seconds.
    i passed it as well. i counted 13 people as well. the instructors were ****ed. one of the detectives kept cursing cuz he was ****ed. congrats to the rest who passed. see you on tuesday. keep in shape cuz we have another power the first week of the academy.
    sigpic

Comment

parking sucks at headquarters and the academy. you cant use the lots at either. for headquarters, you'll probably have to drive around for 10 minutes until you find a decent spot within a few blocks. be careful where you park though and get there early enough to guarantee you arent late. and for the academy, get there really early. if you cant find a spot on jackson or adams, youll find one within a couple blocks usually.

Comment

One thing about the academy parking I thought of when I was testing for departments was that had I went to CPD's academy I would have tried to talk to one of the locals and see if I could use one of thier driveways to park in. Just my thought. Heck I would have even paid them a few dollars a week to do it. I know some of the locals may be less than desirable to deal with, but they are people also and you never know.
        My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

When I went to HQ I found something within a block, but De La Salle is back in class so it may be different now. Parking at the academy is not as bad as I thought....I get there by 6 every day and I have found parking within a block every day...PLEASE stay in shape for the POWER the first week at the academy...if you fail, and someone always does, they really let you have it. And trust me, it wil be harder on you...you'll be tired, sore, running around all week, you'll take it at the end of the day after being awake since 4AM and being in classes...make life easier on u and be ready.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8475 users online. 387 members and 8088 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X