300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional Offer of Employment

What does a Conditional Offer of Employment really mean? Also, how long does it take to be sworn in after all tests have been completed.

With the departments I have tested for, a conditional offer of employment is given to a candidate who scores high enough on the list that they are made an offer to be a police officer for that department. That offer is CONDITIONAL on that person passing a medical and psychological exam. The conditional offer of employment will be rescinded if the person "fails" the medical or the psychological.

For some departments, the polygraph may also be given after the conditional offer, or the conditional offer may not be given at all (it might be a regular offer of employment).

The process for the average department in the Chicago suburbs (where I am testing) takes anywhere from 2-8 months from application to hire. Some take more, and some take less. Chicago may take a couple YEARS.

If you are testing, the best advice I can give (which I have received) is to have PATIENCE

Comment

To move foward into the testing process the village has to offer you employment. So, to stay out of any legal problems they add on Conditional offer. So if you fail any portion of the following testing they can send you that letter say you failed and please apply again later letter. Since, the psych test and Medical exam deal with private information. To get the test results that department has to have the intention of hiring you, or that department is not allowed to recieve test results. So, basically don't quit your day job, don't start buying equipment, don't call and ask the chief what kind of gun to buy. You aren't hired yet until you sign your w2 forms and get your date for the academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6511 users online. 275 members and 6236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X