300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brookfield PD, anyone?

IIRC, this is the second time they've tested this year. I called to see if they were hiring or if they were just compiling an eligibility list. She said they are hiring.

Anyone have any experience with Brookfield PD or talk to their officers?

Pretty middle class town, a little spillover from Cicero, but not out of control by any means. The Zoo is there (Have their own PD) and you have 31st St., 1st Av., Ogden Av. going through. Next to LaGrange Park and LaGrange. Both of those are more upper middle class, nice areas..

Comment

Zoo

I remember going to Brookfield Zoo as a child. Being a poor product of the south-side, the zoo was an extravagance!! In fact, I even managed to take my daughter to Brookfield about 25 years ago, when she was 1 yo, when I was home on a visit. It was a Great place. Hope it still is. If you get hired, do you get to play with the LIONS, and TIGERS, and BEARS????

Da' Bears!!!
      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Brookfield test often. I have no idea why they burn thru their list.

Comment

Brookfield's one of those departments that tests because they want to hire, not so they can say they have a list and waste everyone's time. I have a friend who was hired off of a recently previous Brookfield test. So, I'd say it's in your best interests to take their test.

Comment

Cool. Tomorrow is the last day to pick up an application so I'll go get one tomorrow. At worst, I can see where I gauge in terms of getting hired.

Why do they test so often? Do they not like the people who end up getting on the list and hope for better applicants?

I went to the Zoo back in July. It sure is a nice place. Wouldn't mind working there but I couldn't, too many women and I'd be too distracted.

Comment

Picked up an app. from them today. I was about the 300th person to pick one up. They do the POWER test first. I figure that could easily drop 1/4-1/3 of the people. Then the written is immediately after the POWER.

Comment

Buddy of mine is taking the test for Brookfield. He has never applied to a police agency and wants to do Chicago badly when applications start up again. Told him to give Brookfield and other suburbs a try to have an idea what the process is like when applying to become a LEO or any government agent. Smart kid, he actually took my advice.
                Wish the best of luck to you all applying. I love going to the zoo with my gf and family.

Comment

I think one of my mistakes is that I just applied for CPD last November and never applied anywhere else. But that's changed. I need to get off my @$$.

Comment

xxxxxxxxxx
                    Last edited by LawDog99; 09-08-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                      Picked up an app. from them today. I was about the 300th person to pick one up. They do the POWER test first. I figure that could easily drop 1/4-1/3 of the people. Then the written is immediately after the POWER.
                      Picked the app up Saturday or today? The last day to pick up was yesterday. When I picked mine up I was the 295th applicant. I was shocked.
                      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Originally posted by LockednLoaded View Post
                        Picked the app up Saturday or today? The last day to pick up was yesterday. When I picked mine up I was the 295th applicant. I was shocked.
                        Sorry, I meant Friday. I think I was 293. It'll probably pass 300.

I was pretty surprised as well. But that doesn't mean that everyone will end up turning their application in or that everyone will have everything that they need in the application. Depending on the weather conditions, I'm sure a few will drop out with the POWER test.

Comment

Anyone else test for Brookfield today?

I was surprised to see so many people get dropped after each phase. Did the POWER test first. Those who passed went to the written.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                            Anyone else test for Brookfield today?

I was surprised to see so many people get dropped after each phase. Did the POWER test first. Those who passed went to the written.
                            Did they tell you if you passed the written right then and there. Homewood does that. Thats why I asked since the POWER and written were the same day.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ChgoPaintball View Post
                              Did they tell you if you passed the written right then and there. Homewood does that. Thats why I asked since the POWER and written were the same day.

Good luck.
                              Nope, COPS did the testing. I think it'll be about 2 weeks for results.

The POWER eliminated more than 25% of the people!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6907 users online. 246 members and 6661 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X