300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plano Police Department is Testing Illinois

Hey guys just so you all know Plano P.D. is testing we really need people so i though i would help put the word out.
    Thanks
    Chris

Good to hear. Is it posted on Blue Line?

Is there an officer there named Mark S.?

Comment

we have a mark but his last name does not start with a S

Comment

sorry yes it is posted on the blueline

Comment

Any idea of how many LEO's you're going to end up hiring?

Comment

Hey Chris

I am actually on the list in Plano. I think we met a couple weeks ago when I was there on a ride along with officer RH. Any idea when they are gonna get to me.

Raymond

Comment

I heard 10 in the next two years

Comment

RDM1Y I am actually not sure what they are doing with the rest of the list to tell you the truth I will try and find out

Comment

Don't listen to OfcHayes....he is actually the janitor, he has no clue what he is talking about...

Comment

NICE

Thanks

Comment

Starting salary is $33,000? I would guess that other departments actually do pay their janitors more than that!

Comment

I think they can afford to pay that because the cost of living is very low.
                        My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

I think it's just a testiment to the fact that Plano is going thru growing pains right now and it's going to take just a little bit of time to get their salaries prioritized and tax money in place. After all, all the real growth has literally taken place in the last 2 to 3 years.
                          That's what I'm thinking as well. I think the salary will go up. I think the low starting salary might detract some potential applicants. It doesn't bother me, I have no wife, no kids so my bills are low. I wouldn't want to stay at that salary for long but I'm confident it would go up.

Comment

Plano

FYI, I called the commission and they told me that they are looking to hire 5 off of the list they are going to put together after the October test, not to mention there are about 5-7 people left, including myself, that are still on the current list due to expire December of 2008.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6816 users online. 377 members and 6439 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X