300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psyc exam

I went up against a psyD! Wow! The psychological exam was brutal. Anyone have any stories from their psychological exams they want to share?

haha yea psych exams one of the worst things ever invented. Good thought is hey ur halfway there when ur at question 450 something.

passed one and failed one.left both with no idea on if i passed or failed.
    although i did leave knowing that evil spirits don't posses me and i don't hear voices. (once i saw those questions early on in the test i was like oh yea its on...w/questions like that you know they couldn't get much more entertaining)

i want to meet the person that actually answered yes to those questions?

Comment

Originally posted by impalaman View Post
      I went up against a psyD! Wow! The psychological exam was brutal. Anyone have any stories from their psychological exams they want to share?
      Taken a total of 3. One I failed, took one yesterday from 9am-3pm and it was brutal. Took 5 booklet scantron exams, ink blot and hand card w/ an interview. Took another one about 2 weeks ago. Dont know how well I did for the last 2. Chief of one dept should gotten a call on my results today from what the professor said to me at my little interview.

They are brutal. Dont know where they come up with some of these questions. "i like to read mechanics magazines....i want to be a florist....etc"

I wish the best of luck to you.

I still have the pencil mark indented into my index finger. lol

Comment

I was reading some of the questions and remembered a lot of the questions were the commen responces of mental patients. Their answers were compared to a sample not in a menta hospital. Kind of cool to look up, how the MMPI was created.

Comment

The ones I took were kind of uneventful. The interviews with the psychologists were also kind of ho hum and uneventful.

Comment

People take these and try to come of as the perfect human, thinking thats what they want...never told a lie...never cheated...never told a lie to get out of trouble...we are all adults and they know that...as children and teenagers we all lied hundreds of times and cheated as well....u ever play hide and seak and count to 100 faster then u should, maybe sneak a peak to where people were hiding....guess what u just cheated, fess up! haha.

To the famous question "Do you like the book Alice in Wonderland"...as many of us know, Alice in Wonderland has about 50 drug references in there...I suggest you say no to that!

Comment

What I don't like it anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                What I don't like it anyway?
                Same here. Never liked Alice in Wonderland.

Comment

Any Books Out there that Prepare you for the Psych?

Are there any books at the Library that will have sample questions?

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyJ View Post
                    Are there any books at the Library that will have sample questions?
                    Which department?

Comment

Psych

Chicago Police Dept Exam

Comment

There is really no study guide u just have to stick to your same answer! If u don't u will get caught up. Because they reword the same questions over and over again!

Comment

I got word today I passed the psyc, and got offer.

Comment

Taking the CPD psych 10/11 @0700.
                            I have read many stories about the psych. But one of the questions I'm kind worry is when they ask "would you like to be a teacher".."would you like to be a florist" etc... whats the best answer for that( a NO)?

Comment

Originally posted by aliera View Post
                              Taking the CPD psych 10/11 @0700.
                              I have read many stories about the psych. But one of the questions I'm kind worry is when they ask "would you like to be a teacher".."would you like to be a florist" etc... whats the best answer for that( a NO)?
                              Well, would you want to be either one of those? If so, say true. I dont know the deeper meaning, if one exists. Just take these questions at face value because if youre worried about that you'll never finish

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11795 users online. 457 members and 11338 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X