Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CPD credit union offers loans for all your expenses. They deduct the payment from your paycheck for 12 months.

Comment

Something I saw on another board,and not being a vet, was that the GI Bill will pay you benifits while in the academy. The Vets that are ready to start the school should check this out. The story was that a copper in Ga. was paid over 7K while attending the school. If this keeps you from having to take a loan for equip., it's worth a shot. Just FYI..

PS:FOP runs a uniform sale about 2-3 times a year. These are uniforms that guys sell that don't fit, ect. a lot are in good shape (things like a blouse, wool hat, wool pants don't get worn that often). If the stuff you get there are a little worn, (shirts, pants), wear them when you get to a District. As long as they aren't torn up, no one will say anything about them. Less new stuff you have to lay out $$ for. Call FOP #7 and ask when the next one is...
      Last edited by ChiTownDet; 08-30-2007, 10:09 AM.

Comment

it's true about the gi bill, but two guys i graduated with said they didn't actually start getting paid until halfway through the academy. i guess it's a lot of paper and hassel (but worth it in the long run). it should help pay off the loan much faster if you have both.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10986 users online. 463 members and 10523 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X