300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD loan question

I've heard the loans offered for equipment when entering the academy are pretty high in interest rate. I'm wondering what would be the best route to take as far as loans are concerned. Where did you guys go for a good interest rate? Figure most of the rooks would like to know

If you have above decent credit.. a regular credit card with a low interest rate would work good.

Comment

Approx. How much is spent?

Comment

Throughout the academy? Prepare to spend around $5k. If you can get some stuff used, it can drop the amount of spending substantially.

Comment

Originally posted by Underoath View Post
          Throughout the academy? Prepare to spend around $5k. If you can get some stuff used, it can drop the amount of spending substantially.
          Underoath, how much will you need initially, and at what point in the academy do they offer you the loan?

Comment

They will offer the loan almost immediately (within the first couple of days). You'll need to pick up your khaki uniform + gym stuff within the first week or so and that comes out to be less than 400 I think. Within the first 3 weeks or so, you'll be goin out to get your guns + leathers. I spent $1,100 on that. After that there is a break from the spending until you're further in.

Comment

The average recruit spends around four grand. Three grand is bare essentials and I'm not sure if that's even enough.
              In the beginning: your weapon will be between five to nine hundred depending what you get and where you get it. The khakis will be a few hundred especially if you want to get a couple extra shirts and pants. Gym package is a couple hundred plus new running and gym shoes and other equipment. Leather can be a couple hundred. The winter coat is $150ish. Riot helmet is $186. Save a little money for they assorted charity drives that come up frequently in this job (all very good causes like the Gold Star Memorial) and other assorted expenses.
              About halfway through: the graduation package is almost nine(?) hundred. You'll need blue shirts and cargo pants if you want them so figure a couple hundred more. Boots when you graduate. Vest carriers are seventy-five bucks each. You'll need the OC spray and wooden baton at about thirty to forty combined. And you will have to buy your own name tags with your assigned district. Cheap, but another minor expense.
              The costs I list are approximate but believe me that it will all add up quickly.

Comment

Wooden baton? Why do you have to buy one of those?

What if you already have a firearm that is approved for duty? They won't make you buy a new one, will they?

What if the same goes for the vest?

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
                  Wooden baton? Why do you have to buy one of those?

What if you already have a firearm that is approved for duty? They won't make you buy a new one, will they?

What if the same goes for the vest?
                  You must pass State Qualifications with a 9mm. So if your firearm is an approved 9mm, you're good to go. Same goes for the vest. Wooden baton is needed for your dress uniform (aka...you'll use it once maybe, heheh)

Comment

Is CPD allowed to carry ASPs?

Comment

After certification, yes.

Comment

What type of running/gym shoes are acceptable? Can u use your own or do you have to buy the ones they tell u?

Comment

Originally posted by 0311Grunt View Post
                          What type of running/gym shoes are acceptable? Can u use your own or do you have to buy the ones they tell u?
                          Running Shoes - Anything that is comfortable for you. They may make you buy white soled shoes for indoors (kswiss, reebok, anything with a nonmarring sole). However, this was standard for in the GYM which is now under construction for an undetermined amount of time.

Comment

What are the approved firearms?

Comment

Do you guys know when we get our first check? Im hoping on the 15th or 16th anyone have any onfo. maybe someone from the last class can fill me in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8567 users online. 463 members and 8104 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X