300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Credits for CPD

When do you need to have the 60 college credits for CPD? Is it before you apply and turn in your application? or as long as you have the 60 credits by the time they ask for your official college transcripts ok?

You should apply when you have 60 credits or more.

Comment

CPD expects you to have 60 credit hours before you take the written exam.
      Last edited by mbau13; 07-30-2007, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Before you take the written test!

Comment

Originally posted by lboggie26 View Post
          Before you take the written test!
          Has this always been the case or has it changed? CPD recruiting department communicated to me something different.
          "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

I was lead to believe by my criminal justice professors at my college that as long as you have the 60 credits by the time they (CPD) ask for the official college trascripts you should be ok. I got the power test on Aug 12,but some of my credits were earned after I took the written test and if I pass the power test I'm wordering if they will accept my credits...

Comment

Originally posted by Art25 View Post
              I was lead to believe by my criminal justice professors at my college that as long as you have the 60 credits by the time they (CPD) ask for the official college trascripts you should be ok. I got the power test on Aug 12,but some of my credits were earned after I took the written test and if I pass the power test I'm wordering if they will accept my credits...
              Not sure, but I remember when taking the written in Feb of 06, the instructor said that before beginning the test, we needed to have 60 credits as of Jan 30th of 06. If not, then we couldn't take the test. I had 63 credits the day of the written and was taking two more classes in the Spring of 06. By the time CPD wanted my official transcripts in the summer of 06, I had 70 credits, having completed the spring term. Anyways, I watched the officer count my credits and he didn't include the 7 I had earned after Jan 30th of o6.

Comment

Originally posted by Art25 View Post
                Check into this man...I know a lot of people got turned away for transcript issues on the day we went for the drug/background check....I was military so it didn't pertain to me because Iused my DD214, but I know a lot of people turned around and walked out the door when i was waiting in line....

Comment

When I took it in '04, we didn't need our transcripts until the day we came in to fill out all the paperwork (step 3 or 4). It may be different now.

Comment

I recall that to as well. There was like five people ahead of me and they all got turned away because of there incorrect transcpits!

Comment

Originally posted by FRNZX View Post
                      When I took it in '04, we didn't need our transcripts until the day we came in to fill out all the paperwork (step 3 or 4). It may be different now.
                      You didnt need to show your transcripts until then, but the 60 hours had to be accumulated before a certain date....maybe I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by mbau13 View Post
                        Not sure, but I remember when taking the written in Feb of 06, the instructor said that before beginning the test, we needed to have 60 credits as of Jan 30th of 06. If not, then we couldn't take the test. I had 63 credits the day of the written and was taking two more classes in the Spring of 06. By the time CPD wanted my official transcripts in the summer of 06, I had 70 credits, having completed the spring term. Anyways, I watched the officer count my credits and he didn't include the 7 I had earned after Jan 30th of o6.
                        i agree with mbau13. we had to have the credits by the date listed. anything after that date, even if it was earned before the written or power, would not count. also, if you do have the 60 credits, make sure you look at the transcript to see if there are dates listed. lots of people were turned away because the dates of when they received those grades weren't on the transcript. if you get them in person, you are allowed to see them before they put them in the sealed envelope. cpd didn't want to see them sealed in the envelope. they asked us all to take them out to have them ready. i don't know if they goes for all, and i don't encourage it, but you may also open them at home just to make sure. they actually got mad if you didn't have them out of the envelope. they didn't even check to see if they were sealed in the first place. there were too many people and were trying to move along. the handing over of the transcript was about the week after the power. so even if you do pass the power, you might still be disappointed when they turn you away for the transcipt issue. if you do have a problem with the dates, everyone was allowed to turn them in and i think they test with the next group which are the june testers. i may be wrong, but i know that they are allowed to keep going with the process.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by madduxrox View Post
                          i agree with mbau13. we had to have the credits by the date listed. anything after that date, even if it was earned before the written or power, would not count. also, if you do have the 60 credits, make sure you look at the transcript to see if there are dates listed. lots of people were turned away because the dates of when they received those grades weren't on the transcript. if you get them in person, you are allowed to see them before they put them in the sealed envelope. cpd didn't want to see them sealed in the envelope. they asked us all to take them out to have them ready. i don't know if they goes for all, and i don't encourage it, but you may also open them at home just to make sure. they actually got mad if you didn't have them out of the envelope. they didn't even check to see if they were sealed in the first place. there were too many people and were trying to move along. the handing over of the transcript was about the week after the power. so even if you do pass the power, you might still be disappointed when they turn you away for the transcipt issue. if you do have a problem with the dates, everyone was allowed to turn them in and i think they test with the next group which are the june testers. i may be wrong, but i know that they are allowed to keep going with the process.
                          Thanks for the info guys. I hope they at least allow me to stay in the process with another test group.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12346 users online. 556 members and 11790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X