Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTI Format Questions.

Hello,

I'm just curious if any LEO's that have recently been through PTI could tell me what the format is like? Do you run in the morning then have class? What is the worst/best part of PTI?

I graduated in 3/2007. When I went there morning pt was 550 to 630 Monday through Friday. Pt would be 10 minutes of stretching, 30 mins of long slow distance running followed by a 10 minute cool down. Class is 800 to 1200, break from 1200 to 1300, then class from 1300 to 1700. On average at least one night a week you will have class from 1800 to 2200. Depending on what electives you are signed up for you may have to stay later. My opinions on the program are mixed. I will say they need to get some logistical things together. They usually will have more students than available apartments thus making some students live in a hotel 5 miles away in Urbana (and a crummy motel at that) for 12 weeks. With the travel between venues it gets stressful. Also if you are at a hotel and you elect to be the driver you will have 4 sweaty recruits riding in your car 5 times a week. Also on the days you go to the airport for training you may not have a chance to shower. If possible see if your department will allow you to use a department vehicle.
    Other than that, they have world class instructors. You will be over prepared to do the job when you graduate. They did lose one of the best police firearms instructors in Steven "U damn right I'll shoot him" Douglass who passed away over the last month (Bless his soul). Otherwise it is a good old time. The program itself is relatively easy.
    My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

I believe Mr. Douglas' famous quote when I was there was " I'll bury ya in the berm."

Thats too bad about the crappy hotel. When I attended they put the recruits in a real nice hotel with a pool and continental breakfast in the morning. I believe it was attached to the TGI Fridays.

Comment

i can bring my xbox360 to enjoy? lol.

was wondeing, I apologize for sabatoging (trolling, etc.) your thread, but I was wondering what is the proper attire to wear on the first day? Just curious, Im not going to PTI or any academy yet.

Comment

First day attire at PTI is a polo shirt, navy blue pants, black socks, black belt and black shoes. Chgopntbl, you will go there for sure if you get on with Hodgkins, they had 1 recruit down there while I was there, don't know about your dream dept. If the 2nd is who I think it is, congratulations they seldom hire new recruits going the way of the lateral.
          My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10147 users online. 482 members and 9665 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X