Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robert2006
    replied
    Don't worry about poly's just tell the truth. The number one thing is honesty. If you lie about your mistakes in the past the thought is you will lie to your superiors when you need to tell the truth. My motto was during the testing process I would rather be eliminated for something I did in the past than lying about it.

Leave a comment:

• junior300
    replied
    You seem awful concerned about a polygraph, to have posted 2 topics with pretty much the same question, within 7 hours. As 0311Grunt said, they are expensive. By the time an applicant gets to the poly stage, there aren't that many of them left, so it's not as cost prohibitive.

Leave a comment:

• 0311Grunt
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRuckuss View Post
    Just curious as to the reasoning on why some dept's use a poly and some don't?

I am in the hiring process with both CPD and CCDOC...and they don't use Poly's. I find it interesting that some departments do...and some don't. It seems like only the municipal departments give poly's...just curious why that is?

BTW...does anyone know if Dupage county gives applicants a poly?
    Polys cost a lot of $$$$...there are so many applicants for the CPD and CC that it would cost the city and county a fortune...smaller suburban depts are chosing between 100 people so the cost is affordable...CPD would have had to run over 2000 polys from the Feb testers

Leave a comment:

• BigRuckuss
    started a topic Poly's

Poly's

Just curious as to the reasoning on why some dept's use a poly and some don't?

I am in the hiring process with both CPD and CCDOC...and they don't use Poly's. I find it interesting that some departments do...and some don't. It seems like only the municipal departments give poly's...just curious why that is?

BTW...does anyone know if Dupage county gives applicants a poly?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9901 users online. 491 members and 9410 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X